Late Term and Child Loss

What to do with momento **siggy warning

We are in the process of moving, and while cleaning out a drawer I came across the black turtleneck I wore to Jack's funeral (I also wore it one of the 3 times I got to hold him). It is very tattered-holes in the elbows, worn thin in other areas, etc.  I can't bear to get rid of it, but I think it's odd to just keep it in a drawer.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do with it (i.e. make it into something)? I don't have any other cloth items of Jack (no hospital hat or blanket) so it couldn't really be made into a quilt or anything.

Thanks.

image Jack was born 1/16/08, died 1/25/08 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: What to do with momento **siggy warning

• You could still cut it to make it into a baby size blanket. Or you could use the material to line a box of other items and mementos you may have from Jack's life?

You could also make it into a small sachet with the material and fill it with your favorite potpourri or herb that may be a favorite smell of yours. (I have lavender everywhere, as it reminds me of Elsie.) You could also use it to line the back of a picture frame, and put it behind a favorite picture of Jack so that it looks like the matte part.  I am sure Etsy or Pinterest would have some other ideas you could use. 

Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Could you use it to have a small stuffed animal made? I agree with noethola, etsy has a lot of great artists that may be able to create something very special for you.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"