Multiples
Options

Question about last appt. before c-section

I have had ultrasounds at every appt ( a BPP).  I have my last appt. today before my c-section which is on Thursday but they don't have an ultrasound scheduled.  I am uncomfortable going more than  a week without them checking the babies, their cords, and fluids.  I am 38 weeks and I feel like things can go wrong quickly with twins.  I have seen some twin moms goign 2x per week at the end.  This seems too long for me to go without them checking.  What do you think?  Did you have an ultrasound at your last appt?  Just worrying and want everything to go smoothly.  I called the doctor but onlyt he nurses were in and they said to ask the doctor when I came in a they could fit me in.  Just don't know if I should really push for it and be difficult or let it go if they say I don't need it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Question about last appt. before c-section

• Options
    Push for it. I was in L and D on a Tuesday for a suspected membrane rupture tha they couldn't confirm, and had an ultrasound there. My fluid was fine. Friday morning I went in for an NST and they couldn't keep baby a on the monitors, so I had a BPP. Lot and behold Baby A had NO fluid, and B had very minimal fluid. My My OB always said "Everything is okay until it isn't." I would insist on being scanned, as things can go from just fine to not fine quickly. Better safe than sorry IMO!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Are your twins di/di?

You sound a little pampered. There is no reason for weekly u/s's unless there is A lot of comps and since youre already 38+ weeks there doesnt seem to have been many if any. 

Proud Mommy to: Boy-1995/Boy-1998/Girl-2003/Boy-2004/Girl-2011/ Fraternal twin girls-2013  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageCinnamon Haze:

Are your twins di/di?

You sound a little pampered. There is no reason for weekly u/s's unless there is A lot of comps and since youre already 38+ weeks there doesnt seem to have been many if any. 

I disagree. I have di/di twins and have had weekly BPP since 34 weeks. Every other week they also do a growth scan. It's pretty typical to go every week at the end. I have my c-section tomorrow, and the doctor actually left it up to us to decide whether we wanted an appointment today (since it was just a day difference). If I did decide to go in, we would have had a BPP and growth scan.
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    Also, I am so excited that you are so close to the end!!!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    ceechieceechie member
    images0ulchicken:
    Push for it. I was in L and D on a Tuesday for a suspected membrane rupture tha they couldn't confirm, and had an ultrasound there. My fluid was fine. Friday morning I went in for an NST and they couldn't keep baby a on the monitors, so I had a BPP. Lot and behold Baby A had NO fluid, and B had very minimal fluid. My My OB always said "Everything is okay until it isn't." I would insist on being scanned, as things can go from just fine to not fine quickly. Better safe than sorry IMO!

I totally agree with this! My ob is very proactive also. You're so close to the end, why slack off with care now? I'll get ultra sounds right to the day of c sec.
    Yay to you and 38 weeks!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Just saw the ob.... I was supposed to be seen 2x this past week.... She has me waiting for an ultrasound. Should have been my 2 nd this week.... I guess I am not as pampered as you think cinnamonhaze! You seem a bit uninformed. Hopefully you know how to be an advocate for yourself. Thanks for all the nice responses!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    amd1982amd1982 member
    I agree. Push for it. I called my mfm office a couple times when they never scheduled me for a bpp and the doc called back immediately and said yes, he wanted a bpp for whatever day. You are your own advocate for sure. A lot can change in a day or two. We had a scheduled section and they ended up pulling our Di Di boy girl out one week early due to heart deceleration during BH. Good luck!
    TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014
  • Options

imageLil Kate:
    Just saw the ob.... I was supposed to be seen 2x this past week.... She has me waiting for an ultrasound. Should have been my 2 nd this week.... I guess I am not as pampered as you think cinnamonhaze! You seem a bit uninformed. Hopefully you know how to be an advocate for yourself. Thanks for all the nice responses!

I'm glad you got an ultrasound. You just never know with a multiples pregnancy. I went from totally fine to PTL in 1 day. There are so many potential complications, and I think it's best to have a proactive approach with multiples. No harm in checking on u/s. Best wishes for you and LOs, and CONGRATS on making it so far!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    jcathjcath member
    Glad you got one.  I think 2 X a week is standard.  Best of luck on your C-section. What a good job you've done getting to 38 weeks.  You should be proud of yourself.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageCinnamon Haze:
    Are your twins di/di? You sound a little pampered. There is no reason for weekly u/s's unless there is A lot of comps and since youre already 38 weeks there doesnt seem to have been many if any.nbsp;nbsp;

Why are you so negative? Ever since you started posting here, you have been borderline antagonistic to these ladies. And really, your information is quite inaccurate on this, and several other posts you have responded to.

Sorry to jack your post OP, your question/concern was totally legit, and I am so glad you're getting a scan today!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

images0ulchicken:
    imageCinnamon Haze:
    Are your twins di/di? You sound a little pampered. There is no reason for weekly u/s's unless there is A lot of comps and since youre already 38 weeks there doesnt seem to have been many if any.nbsp;nbsp;
    Why are you so negative? Ever since you started posting here, you have been borderline antagonistic to these ladies. And really, your information is quite inaccurate on this, and several other posts you have responded to. Sorry to jack your post OP, your question/concern was totally legit, and I am so glad you're getting a scan today!

Thanks!

• Options

imageLil Kate:

Theres a huge difference between being or feeling entitled and 'demanding' unnecessary things....... and advocating for oneself and being informed.

No, weekly u/s's in a normal uncomplicated di/di pregnancy are not  the 'norm'. Nor are they necessary.

gl

Proud Mommy to: Boy-1995/Boy-1998/Girl-2003/Boy-2004/Girl-2011/ Fraternal twin girls-2013  

• Options

images0ulchicken:
    imageCinnamon Haze:
    Why are you so negative? Ever since you started posting here, you have been borderline antagonistic to these ladies. And really, your information is quite inaccurate on this, and several other posts you have responded to. Sorry to jack your post OP, your question/concern was totally legit, and I am so glad you're getting a scan today!

Hardly... but ty!    Yes

• Options
    The MFM group I work with at one of the top 3 children's hospitals in the US does not recommend extra monitoring for Di/Di with no issues. Each group has different recommendations.
    Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Options
    imageCinnamon Haze:

images0ulchicken:
    imageCinnamon Haze:

Why are you so negative? Ever since you started posting here, you have been borderline antagonistic to these ladies. And really, your information is quite inaccurate on this, and several other posts you have responded to.

Sorry to jack your post OP, your question/concern was totally legit, and I am so glad you're getting a scan today!

Hardly... but ty!    Yes

Hardly what?? That doesn't even make sense. And I agree with the chicken, what's the point in being such an ?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"