October 2011 Moms

What'd you do this weekend?

How was everyone's long weekend?  Mine was pretty uneventful.  We got DS's hair cut for the first time and now he looks like a little army boy!  We went to my ILs to go swimming, but the pool was too cold so we just hung out there all day Sunday.  We just hung out yesterday and DS was difficult all day and then topped it off by throwing 2 handfuls of spaghetti on the floor at dinner. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What'd you do this weekend?

• Not a whole lot since it rained all damn weekend. We did check out our neighbor's daughter's graduation party, which ended up with us taking home a dozen cupcakes.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• It was rainy and cold here except for yesterday.  We went to a couple of cookouts Sunday and yesterday we did a lot of shopping because there was a lot of random stuff we needed.

Oh and DD acted like a crazy person all weekend. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • amyc216amyc216 member
    Yuck- sorry everyone had rainy weather!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Friday night we hauled in a load of boulders and I cut down a bunch of buck thorn out of the woods.  Then we loaded that up. 

I worked Sat morning.  Man customers were bitchy. Then we dropped off a trailer full of branches and loaded up with mulch and more boulders. 

Sunday my parents took the kids and we did more trailer fulls and then we went out for a date night.  We were going to see a movie but thought we would fall asleep during it so we just went out for dinner instead. 

Monday we got another trailer full then we planted grass seed.  Audrey had a play date, then we went over to in-laws for dinner.  We got a nice check from grandpa's estate and they said more is coming this fall after he collects the money for the farm, so I think we are going to put in a new driveway, a paver sidewalk and perhaps try to do a cruise this year.Big Smile

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • We went to a wedding on Sunday, DH was a groomsman and Em was a flower girl. I will probably AW some pics tomorrow. It was fun, but my preggo body did not appreciate it much.
  • ally510ally510 member
    P got sent home sick from daycare on Friday. She has an ear infection and thrush, so we cancelled our plans and stayed home. It was rainy here all weekend too, so we couldn't even play outside (except for yesterday). Not a great way to kick off the summer...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I did a ton of nesting!! I'm out of control! I also did some toy shopping for P and then we went to a parade yesterday and had a little BBQ with some friends and family. I'm pooped.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • amyc216amyc216 member
    Ooh, sorry about your camping trip and fight Woodsie!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • joolz17joolz17 member

Oh, Woodsie, that sounds completely wretched. I'm sorry.

Friday (my husband has taken off all Fridays till August) we took G to his music class and then hit up Toys R Us for some new outdoor toys. G had his first street meat (hot dog). 

In the evening G went to my MIL's for the night, and my sister took C for a few hours so we could go see Star Trek.

Saturday my husband went out so I was solo for about four hours with both kids. It went reasonably well until I had to put G down for his nap while breastfeeding C. That part was not the best. In the afternoon we went to a party.

Sunday we met my parents for brunch at the yacht club, then laid low. We watched Behind the Candelabra at night. 

• imageamyc216:
    Ooh, sorry about your camping trip and fight Woodsie!

Aww, Woodsie, I'm sorry about your weekend. I hope you and DH can find a good counselor. Hugs, hon.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• rous27rous27 member
    I worked a lot. But on Sunday it was DD's 9th birthday party. We had family come over to celebrate. We also adopted a shelter dog. He is fitting in greatly. Except the fact that DS chases the poor dog around.
  • Saturday morning I mowed the yard while DH and DD went and bought new tires for my vehicle. My IL's arrived right as I finished the yard. We hung around the house the rest of the day, then DH and I went for a drive in his car. Sunday we went to church, then to my parents house for lunch. Monday my ILs wanted to go see a thing called the Tabernacle Experience about an hour away. When we got back they left to go back home, so DH, DD, and I went back to my parents where DH and DD went swimming and she got to play with my nieces. On our way home, she had a coughing fit (horrible allergies/sinuses) so bad that she threw up. Not fun. So I ended up staying up late trying to get the puke smell out of her carseat. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"