Special Needs
Options

Self Care Check in

Last week's challenge was to plan a vacation. Where are you going, and what will you be doing when you get there?

This week's challenge: Last 'Monday' of the month... Create your own challenge.
           image      image      image

Re: Self Care Check in

• Options
    I am currently planning a Disneyworld vacation for next month. I'm pretty sure that I will be on sensory overload there. LOL  I'm not sure exactly what we will do there. I am planning on having some general items planned but more go with the flow (which is not the typical me). I have never been to Disneyworld or Disneyland and about all I know to expect is a ton of people and warm weather. LOL
  • Options
    JoJoGeeJoJoGee member
    MaxandRuby, I'm a bit of a Disney fanatic. I suggest you make your reservations for lunch and dinner now. And, let me know of you have any questions.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We aren't going on vacation anytime soon but I would love to take my family camping in WA during the summer, it's something I grew up doing and want to continue with my kids.

I plan to relax by the fire pit at least three times this week.
  • Options

We have one vacation planned for this summer. We're going to FL over the July 4th holiday for a week, and spending three days at my parents' place on the beach about 90 minutes from Orlando, then three days at WDW. 

I made one character meal reservation, and that's pretty much been it. I bought a Disney guidebook, but I'm not really sure what the nitty-gritty is of how we're going to spend those days.

We rented a condo at a property that has a pool and hot tubs, and I'm really looking forward to it. We'll have more room than at a hotel, plus a full kitchen and the girls will share a separate bedroom. We've done this kind of set-up before and it worked out really well.

I'm also hoping that we can do a weekend in the mountains sometime this summer, too. The girls would love to go horseback riding again.  

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Options

No vacation any time soon. I would like for us to go to Alamogordo to White Sands, the aquarium in Albuquerque or to our hometown for a grandparent visit. I think it may be Labor Day if we pick to actually go. DS's daycare went up for the summer so I doubt we can go anywhere at the moment.

I need to manage to get back on a treadmill for some walking. I am dreading it. I need to. My clothes are somewhat tight and I can't afford new ones.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageJoJoGee:
    MaxandRuby, I'm a bit of a Disney fanatic. I suggest you make your reservations for lunch and dinner now. And, let me know of you have any questions.

Any must go to places to eat?

• Options
    JoJoGeeJoJoGee member
    imageMaxandRuby:

imageJoJoGee:

Any must go to places to eat?

What are your children into?  The rainforest cafe is great.  There is one in Animal Kingdom, and one at Downtown Disney.  It 'rains' every 20 minutes... Really theming is superb.  

Along the same lines, there is the T-Rex Cafe at Downtown Disney.  The place is themed like the Jurassic period, and there is a meteor shower every 20 minutes.

The Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom is absolutely stunning, and they do a character breakfast there.

The Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater inside Hollywood Studios is cheesy, and has average food, but there is still something magical about it.  You sit in recreations of classic cars that have tables attached to them, and during your meal you watch clips from B-rated Sci-Fi films (don't worry, nothing too scary).

I don't have any specific recommendations for Epcot.  We've always done it where we grabbed a little food from each nation inside world showcase (And, doing it that way, all the food is quick service).  However, I will say, the Creme Brule in France is to die for, and the theming inside the Aztec pyramid is beautiful.  I will also add that, for a while, I have wanted to go to the Coral Reef Restaurant.  That is a sit down restaurant.  And, from the descriptions, it looks like you are eating inside an aquarium.

• Options

LOL at auntie, at eating fish while they swim around you. Cognitive dissonance! 

Thanks for the restaurant recs, you guys -- it's really helpful to have these suggestions and details. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Options

I was not able to plan - but was reminded to dream a little bit more about the trips I do want to take with DD....she has had somewhat of a regression the past couple weeks leading me to think mito is/was/and will be the only answer.

Anyways - today I am doing a me day. Trying to anyways, lol. I dropped off DD at daycare this morning and do not work today per my holiday schedule this past weekend. Doing a me day is hard for me, pushing all thoughts of laundry aside!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"