Nurseries and Baby Gear

Re: Rock n Play? Which one?

• Options
    Certain models cost more such as the snugabunny and monkey. They are all the same except the pattern. You can argue the fabric on the snuga models is softer.
  • Options
    It has to do with the level of plushness. There have been some reports that mold is more common on the plush ones. We had the yellow one and didn't have any need for more padding and didn't have any mold.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJessiebug81:
    we just had one of the regular ones and were totally happy with it

This. My sister had this regular one and loved it... Is passed to me now! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    TBN13TBN13 member
    Thank you all so much!
  • Options
    TBN13TBN13 member
    Are they all machine washable? Thanks!
  • Options
    eyenigheyenigh member

imageMrsJetSet:
    It has to do with the level of plushness. There have been some reports that mold is more common on the plush ones. We had the yellow one and didn't have any need for more padding and didn't have any mold.

This. Also, my son was a very sweaty baby and we definitely didn't need the extra plushness to make him even hotter. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageTBN13:
    Are they all machine washable? Thanks!
    I can't recall what the manual says. I machine washed the yellow one on my hand wash setting and then line dry. You have to take it apart to do so, so you wouldn't want to frequently. We laid down a receiving blanket or waterproof pad under baby to keep it clean. That means you cannot use the seatbelt, but there have been several posts here that they are generally not used. By the time dc is big enough to need the strap to keep them in, they are outgrowing it anyway.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    jobiannjobiann member
    We had the yellow one and loved it, it was easy to wash. I hear the snugas cannot be machine washed. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    I have the monkey because it was on sale at tArget for cheaper than the plain ones. I like the padding under her head and its extra cozy because it snuggles a newborn more but it isn't worth the extra cash when it is regular price. I machine wash and dry mine when she has occasionallyspit up in it with no issue.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • Options
    atcwagatcwag member
    We registered for the SnugaBunny one mostly because we got the Snugabunny swing, so I was just thinking "matchy-matchy"...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I really liked the Snugabunny Rock n Play.  She looked so cute sleeping with the bunny ears. 
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options
    TBN13TBN13 member
    Thanks everyone! :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"