Multiples
Options

Maternity Support Belt? Anyone love them?

I'm on bedrest and 32 weeks (almost!) with twins.  For the life of me, I cannot get comfortable anymore.  My belly is so huge and heavy, I can't stand it.

Have any of you used maternity support belts, and if so has it helped when you slept at night (or during the day too, if you were on bedrest too)?  Or are they really meant to be worn if you are up on your feet??

Expecting twins! Put on strict bedrest at home after preterm labor at 22 weeks. Hospitalized at 22 weeks and again at 29 weeks. No more please!

Re: Maternity Support Belt? Anyone love them?

• Options
    I have seen these, and I assumed I would probably be wearing one by the end of my pregnancy.  I'm interested to hear what others say, but I think you should go for it, and give it a try.  
  • Options
    ceechieceechie member
    I wear mine only for walking around. It tends to pinch up when sitting or lying down.
    I think you would be better supported with a pregnancy wedge pillow. I have one from Boppy and it is great. I'm 33 weeks and it keeps this huge belly centered better on me when lying down. And it was only 15 on amazon. It's different from the full S shaped body pillow. It's a small half moon shaped wedge.
    Good luck with your bed rest. Almost at the end now. Beautiful babies soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageceechie:
    I wear mine only for walking around. It tends to pinch up when sitting or lying down. I think you would be better supported with a pregnancy wedge pillow.

This exactly. It was awesome from weeks 20-31. After I dropped, it began to pinch and pull. I went on bed rest at 34w and was only able to use various pillow arrangements to support my belly. 

TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Options

Loved it for a couple of months during the second tri and only wore it while I was up and about during the day.  At 10wks left I can't stand anything tight on my belly (which is measuring at 38wks) so I gave it up.

At night I use two king size pillows to get "comfortable".  One goes between my legs and under my belly the other goes behind my back to keep me propped on my side.

Lilypie - (4vrz)

• Options
    You can only wear the maternity belt while on your feet and they suggest not to wear for longer period of time. Believe me the belt gets very uncomfortable while sitting or lying, so I'd say the belt is not a good option to wear while sleeping. It helps a lot when worn while on feet. It reduces your hip pain, back pain and lifts the pressure off your pelvic area. Currently, I'm using the maternity belt from Babies R Us and so far it's been helpful.

I'd suggest either buy a pregnancy pillow or wedge, or use the pillows at home for your sleep. So far I'm doing good with regular pillows. I hope this video helps you, as it helped me

https://youtu.be/hQhHI5oH0WM

If you want you can search for more helpful videos on YouTube for 'sleeping positions during pregnancy'. Hope this helps and you feel better. All the best.
  • Options

I have one from Babies R Us.  It is the Babies R Us brand.  It has been very helpful in holding up my belly- helps with backaches and pressure down below!  I only wear it during the day if I'm going to be on my feet a lot.  Would recommend!

• Options
    Just my personal experience, but I have been through 5 different styles in the last 3 weeks.  They all SUCKED.  I hated every one of them, none of them offered any relief, if anything they contributed to the pain I was having.  Two came from target, one came from Motherhood and 2 came from amazon.  Two even with suspenders.  My MoM group all had the same response when I asked them about support belts, no one seemed to have any luck.  I'm only at 24 weeks and fortunately not on bed rest, but was put on prescription muscle relaxers.  There isn't anything they can do to help relieve my pubic bone pain but the relaxers do give my  back and S.I. some relief.  I hope you find some comfort soon, your almost done, hang in there sister!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"