LGBT Parenting
Options

Pregnancy Check In

How's it going this week?

QOTD: Do you have a name (or names) picked out yet?  Feel free to share what they are (if you are comfortable doing so) or how you chose them.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
*Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnancy Check In

• Options

I think I finally have m/s.  I say "finally" because I never got it in my last pregnancy; because of that, I now associate the absence of m/s with a non-viable pregnancy (even though I know plenty of women with healthy pregnancies never get it), and it's been making me nervous that I haven't experienced any pregnancy symptoms yet.  It has not been bad, but I've definitely had nauseous/gaggy spells over the last few days.

I started spotting and cramping on Thursday while on vacation and was utterly convinced that I was having a m/c, and that it was going to happen on Friday, my 35th birthday.  Thanks PGAL brain.  I called my IVF nurse who said light cramping is normal and the spotting was probably from the Endometrin irritating my cervix.  I continued to stress out about it but by mid-Friday, things seemed to be fine.  Still spotting but I do think it's the Endometrin, no more cramping, and nothing else concerning.  Thank you MK for telling me it was going to be OK!  I think you were right!

Wednesday is my first ultrasound, so I finally get to see what's going on in my uterus!  We discovered the blighted ovum at my first ultrasound last time, so I am super nervous about what we will find.  I also booked my first midwife appointment.  I have to reschedule it because it doesn't work with my wife's schedule, but I am proud of myself for being positive enough to believe that I would graduate from the RE this time around.

QOTD: After two years of TTC, we've had plenty of time to talk about names.  We have very different taste, which has made things difficult, but decided on a girl's and boy's FN probably about a year ago.  We have been in negotiations regarding MNs ever since but I think we've finally nailed them down.  I don't want to share specifics at this point, but our girl's FN is from my family and our boy's FN is just a name we like; both middle names are from my wife's family (our children will have my last name).

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Good Luck Wed B&C... And I will send some positive energy your way.  

I am feeling much better this week.  I think I am finally into the "honeymoon" second trimester phase.  I finally told my boss about my pregnancy and he took it very well.  I am trying to embrace my bump, although I still feel like I look chunky rather than pregnant.  Overall, things are going really well over here... We should get our panorama test back this week and find out the sex!! 

QOTD: We have referred to the baby as "little o" since we found out we were pregnant.  It came from a book saying that the embryo was the size of the "o" on the page....somehow that seems to have brought us to liking names that start with o.  So Oliver and Owen are top on our list.  For girls I love Olivia but this it is too common that I probably wouldn't use it.   

Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm up early on this holiday because of the dogs whining, but I also am feeling the baby kick me and I wanted to stay awake to feel all the movement I can. I'm still nervous through the day when I can't feel her most of the time but she comes alive when I'm trying to sleep. Probably not a good sign for the future! We are in the middle of unpacking the house and I'm trying very hard to stay aware of my limits but its hard. I'm definitely looking pregnant now and we're headed into a growth spurt over the next week and a half. I can only imagine what I'll look like then! Lol. Next appt is the biggie here in a couple of weeks. First internal exam, initial discussion of birth plan, classes planning, and the one hour glucose. I keep having a fear that I have incompetent cervix and that I'm going to have the baby in the next couple of weeks. I'm sure it's fine, by I feel so lucky with such a healthy pregnancy, I keep waiting for the ball to drop. I've had two friends lose children in the last year from this and I'm at the place they were when they gave birth. It's just scary. And I think I've realized that now that this baby has come into our lives, I'm always going to worry about her.

We have a few first names picked out, but we have decided on Josephine as the middle name after S's dad who passed away when she was 19. It will be awesome to honor him and bring him into our family in this way. If we had had a boy, the mn would have been Joseph. We have pretty different feelings about names and I'm definitely more traditional. But our finalist name choices are all names that could be boys names as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

29 weeks tomorrow, which means baby could come after 8 weeks without changes to our current birth plans. That said, we've had an agreement from day 1 that he/she needs to stay put until after Aug 1st (and/or my huge exam July 29th).

I'm visiting my nana until tomorrow and we got all the quilt squares cut out, and a pair of my maternity pants hemmed. Whoo hoo!

QOTD: We have a short list for boy/girl, with top for each, and a couple gender neutral names. We're waiting to meet our little one to decide and share. We have family traditions that we're using as parameters, which at first felt restricting, but has actually made it easier and more special. 

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ball.and.chain, I couldn't wait to get back from camping last night to have Internet connection again and read your update! I was thinking of you and hoped all would be ok. I had bleeding early on too from the endometrin, and you talked me off the ledge! Pgal brain is the worst... So glad you are feeling good and will see Tater tomorrow!

My update: I decided to have my last OB appointment on friday so I can start with my midwives in the coming weeks. Also due to pgal brain, I wanted to check on baby since I was feeling nothing and having doubts. We started off with OB just trying to listen to hb but she could not find it! After 15 minutes we moved to ultrasound and saw baby with healthy hb sucking thumb. It actually looked like a human this time so I was excited.

Another reason I'm happy to move to midwives is that OB office doesn't seem to respect that we are team green. The nurse kept asking us don't you want to know??? And looking into our file and smirking. No thank you. She also knew nothing about IVF and asked us if that is where you get to choose the sex. She didn't seem to know how IVF worked at all. Our midwives are super awesome and put me at ease so I can't wait to work with them. They've already done tons of research about donor egg IVF to see if I'll have any high risk issues, as well as researched a condition I have that may affect my birth. It feels good to not just be a number, because I'm so used to kind and caring treatment from my RE.

Still on the endometrin until we can confirm on wednesday that the plecenta is producing enough progesterone. I guess with IVF sometimes the body doesnt know to do that because it wasn't my natural cycle. It was annoying having to take it 3x per day this weekend as we were hiking and camping in a national park. Hopefully I will be done before our honeymoon!

QOTD: We have boy and girl names picked out, only one for each that we really like. We chose the middle name as the comet that will appear on my due date since we wished on a shooting star for this baby and saw the embryo shoot into my ute like a star!
    M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"