C-sections

So scared for my c section

My baby is breech and my c-section is scheduled June 6 I'm trying to prepared my self cause Im a very nervous person  and I get freak out with med and hospital stuff!!!

I hope my baby turns and I can have a natural birth!!! 

Re: So scared for my c section

• I hope all goes well for you whether baby turns or not.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My C-section is scheduled for June 4th, which I am also nervous for.  It is a major surgery, but just remember doctors have been doing these for years and they have gotten down to a science.   
  • Loading the player...
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    Let your nurses and anesthesiologist know you're nervous. They'll talk you through things and make small talk to keep you occupied. The procedure won't take long and just remember, pain meds are your friend! Good luck!

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• sytomsytom member
    Mine is on Friday...  Whenever I feel nervous, which is pretty much all the time, I tell myself that c-sections are there to save lives.  They're pretty common and routine procedure for doctors.  As for recovery, don't try to be brave for no reason...  As PP said, pain meds are really your best friend!

Pregnancy Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Definitely let them know you are nervous! I was petrified but didn't have more than a few minutes before finding out I needed the csection and being wheeled into the OR.

It is scary but you will have a LO in your arms afterward which makes it worth it. Recovery is no joke. Take your pain meds and have others take care of you!

You will do great! Good luck

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Good luck! My section wa scheduled for breech baby. He flipped,so I wa canceled. Then I was a week past due, he didn't drop an I didn't dilate, so we scheduled again. I had a great, easy section and recover, and will opt for a repeat section next time.
  • You have every right to be scared and nervous. I had a c section 15 weeks ago when we found out DS was breech. It was a surprise, we had no idea. I was scared out of my mind and so was DH. It's completely normal to feel that way. It's major surgery. But as PPs said they do them all the time. You'll be in great hands. I kept reminding myself all that mattered was DS being safe and healthy. That helped calm me down and get me through things. And remember, in the end you'll be holding your precious little one and it'll all be worth it. Hang in there. Recovery isn't easy but loving on that baby will help tremendously.
    "Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hope everything turns around for you also. I'm a nervous wreck when comes down to hospital stuff as well, but with all my c sections I have found that positivity is the key. If you look for things to go wrong, they can do nothing but go wrong. Be positive and ask for support from the nurses, but I hope you won't have to go through it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks everyone!!!!!

Your comments are very helpful!!!!! and I feel a little more relax, hope I can be this calm that day!!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"