January 2013 Moms
Options

Oh, DH, dance music is not suitable for bedtime

Mobile title: Dance music isn't suitable for bedtime

DS often wakes up one to two hours after he is put to bed because we are still trying to get naps under control. In the past week I have been successful by simply patting his belly for a couple of minutes. Tonight, since he missed their bath time ritual, DH wanted to soothe DS back to sleep when he woke up an hour after I put him down. After half an hour later I turned up the volume on the monitor and hear Jamiriqoui.

We usually play Nick Drake or other acustic music followed by white noise, so I don't know why DH thought that would be a good idea.

A few minutes later they emerged from the nursery and DH said, exhasperatedly,'he isn't tired'. So, two hours after bedtime DS was in his bouncer, listening to the rest of the Jamiriquoi album. Then, an hour later now THREE hours after bedtime DS is asleep in my arms, listening to Nick Drake, followed by white noise.

DH and I discussed sleep training yesterday and I am starting to think it will be helpful in getting us consistent in our responses and rituals.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Oh, DH, dance music is not suitable for bedtime

• Options
    Special guy ya got there. At least he's there and helping! Silver lining my friend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LOL!! MIL tried to help us get LOs down by playing her iPod...at first it just sounded like some mellow guitar music but then I realized it was an acoustic version of Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream".....ya huuuuge sideeye for that one!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lol! My DH wants to rock him after our final feeding, but I finally had to lay down the hammer and tell him if he wanted to rock him, he doesn't get to turn the light on and play Tetris with the volume up. After 10 minutes, he bring him to me and say, he's not tired and I think he's on meth. Poor DS's eyes were the size of silver dollars. Thanks for the overstimulation dad.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • Options
    DCKateDCKate member
    My husband listens to hip hop. If he chose sleepy music, which he is not allowed to do, our DD would 'fall asleep' every night to Jay Z or Wutang. No joke.
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"