December 2010 Moms
Options

Frustrated!

Why is it that Noah will go on the potty (and tell say when he's has to go) at my mom's house AND at daycare, but goes into full on melt down mode whenever I even mention the word potty! Much less tell me that he has to go. Grrr.....
BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Frustrated!

• Options
    lrn327lrn327 member
    I'm SURE this is short-lived! I know how frustrating it is though.  We got really held up on PTing because C would go at home but refused at daycare saying to them "I go at home" as in I got at home so that should be good enough!  He got through that after a couple weeks though.  Have you thought about trying to let him stand and pee?  DC actually tried it with C after he kept peeing all over his pants and the floor while sitting.  It was seriously the breakthrough for us and he finished PTing very quickly after that.  Hugs, you will get through this!  :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No advice but tons of sympathy. Evan does the same thing...tries at DC but freaks out at home. Luckily for me, I teach and have about a month before I'm home with him so I just figure ill nip it in the bud that way. Could you plan to do a potty training bootcamp with him on a long weekend or something?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm also a teacher, so I'm making it my goal this summer to potty train, but I'm not liking the way it's starting out!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm right there with you. J will have a great day and pee on the potty every time I ask. The next day he won't go at all.
    I asked Friday at DC pickup and his teacher said he still hasn't gone on the potty there. It is so frustrating.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"