May 2012 Moms

Milk in sippy cup

DS is drinking out of a sippy cup consistantly now. I give it to him four to five times a day at meal times and snack times. Is it okay to put it back in the fridge between two of those times and give him the same milk in the same sippy cup twice? He backwashes quite a but. I am super OCD about food contamination and such but I hate how much milk I waste and how many cups I have to wash if I don't. DS was breastfed and never took bottles so all this is new to me. I know you weren't supposed to reuse breast milk or formula but I am not sure the rules on WCM. Thanks!

Re: Milk in sippy cup

• Personally I put it back in the fridge; BUT If it's not finished by the following meal or before bed time in the case of supper milk, it gets dumped, washed out and given fresh milk for the next meal. I only give her half a sippy cup at a time though, so it's usually drank by the end of the meal anyway.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I have always let my kids have the same sippy all day, no ones gotten sick yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep...I do same sippy if it's not finished and refrigerate, but it does get washed at the end of the day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We only pour enough to she we now he can finish it. If for some reason he doesn't finish, it's usually not an amount worth saving. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"