TTC after 35
Options

Just want some answers!

Hello all.  I am new to this so please be patient with me. 

My boyfriend and I decided to TTC so I had my Mirena removed on Feb 5 2013.  I had 3 days of bleeding after removal.  And on March4-8, I had a regular period.  And again on March 14, I started spotting and it eventually got heavy with clots.  I bled until April 3, not heavy the entire time.  My ob said it was normal after Mirena removal and it was called withdrawal bleeding.

Since I am unsure when I am O'ing, we have been bding alot.  And on April 26 I experienced what I think was implantation bleeding.  It was only a few drops of dark red blood and only when I wiped and only lasted a few hours.  I haven't had any bleeding what so ever since then.  

I have had several symptoms of pregnancy:  Mood swings, tender and heavy breasts, gas (farting and burping) sorry tmi, tiredness, constipation, and of course my missed period!!! I have taken numerous HPT and all have been - !!! I also went to my OB and took a urine test on May 2 that was negative. 

Well it is now 3 1/2 weeks later, and I am still experiencing symptoms and no AF yet!!!    What is going on with my body??? I need advice as to what I should do!!  Anything would be appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!!

Baby dust to all!!! 

Re: Just want some answers!

• Options

I wish that I could give you some knowledgable advice about this Mirena product, but I have never used it, so I can't help in that regard.  Did your OB give you any additonal advice/information about the removal and after care of that product and a timeframe of what to expect?  I would think that they would have some kind of suggestions of how to handle your symthoms of no bleeding and check you again, in a timely matter.  If not, I would call your OB office again and try to discuss this with the nurse or make an appt., with the doctor to be tested again and checked out.  This doesn't seem normal, for sure.  I don't suggest too often to ask Dr. Google but maybe there is some general info that can help you in the meantime while trying to figure this out with your doctor's office......

I hope all is ok with you and that you are just prego....Fx'ed that all is ok.

Keep us posted and best of luck to you......

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for you input.. When I had it removed, my OB did tell me that if I wasn't pregnant by May to come back and see him.  When i took the urine test, the nurse also said to wait 3 weeks and if still no period to come back in.  I guess that I just need to break down and go to the doc...I just don't want to see another negative result!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I can understand not wanting anymore disappointment. I know that it is tuff to see those dang BFN's....I am just a bit concerned about your health...but, it appears that the nurse did give you a time of reference to work with.  Again, I wish I could tell you something more positive, but it appears you will need to get help in either clarifying that you are truly pregnant or maybe, some medicine to help bring on your menstrual cycle. 

Sorry, this is so tuff on you.....I, so understand the feelings.  Sending you some (((hugs))).

Take care and keep us posted on how it all turns out. 

Oh, welcome to the board and I hope that things work out for the best!  ;)

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Options

I don't know the way Mirena works, but I do know coming off BCP yuo body needs an adjustment period andit sounds liek yours may be doing that, It could take a cycle or several to regulate. Keep temping, watch your cm (which is the best indiction of fertile time) and be patient! I know a lot harder to do then say!

Good luck

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Options
    imageHeathernSteven:

I don't know the way Mirena works, but I do know coming off BCP yuo body needs an adjustment period andit sounds liek yours may be doing that, It could take a cycle or several to regulate. Keep temping, watch your cm (which is the best indiction of fertile time) and be patient! I know a lot harder to do then say!

Good luck

This. Even with BCP it can take up to six months for your body to regulate on it's own, after any form of hormonal/blocking birth control your hormones will be out of whack, I'm sure the same is true for Mirena. My cycles were very irregular for months after BCP, and I had raging symptoms which made me convinced I was pregnant for all those months. I wasn't. You have to just chill out and accept what your tests are saying. Right now, a negative means not pregnant. 

I'm curious, why would your OB tell you to come back if not pregnant after only three months of TTC? The usual threshold for over 35s is six months. 

I'm guessing that since you're unsure of when you O'd, you're not charting. You should. Go to Fertility Friend (you can click on My Ovulation Chart in my siggy to get there), sign up for an account, and do the free tutorials, they're excellent; then go buy a basal thermometer and start charting, it'll take a lot of the guesswork out of TTC and would help you to know what's going on with your body. Likely you've just ovulated late which is leading to your late AF and BFNs.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options

Well all I went to the Doc and had a blood test done..It was negative as well...My ob told me it was bcuz of the Mirena my hormones were out of whack..

She wanted to put me back on BCP but I decided against it..It would defeat the purpose...I have decided to try Vitex out for a few months...If any of you ladies have tried it or are deciding to try it...How was it?? Did it do its trick for you??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"