Single Parents
Options

Single mom of two...now pg! :sigh:

I've been rocking single mom life for a year and a half.  I actually enjoyed it, the control freak in me really flourishes as a single mom, lol. 

Last week I found out I am pregnant, in a surprise thought-there-was-an-IUD twist.  Turns out the IUD either fell out or it's somewhere in my abdomen.  

My SO is great, but we really haven't been together that long, and this is a lot for a relationship to weather.  We love each other, and he fits perfectly in with my little family, but this is just A LOT. 

Part of me knows that if I am a single mom to three kids, I'll be fine. I mean it's more work...but I can totally do it.  The other part of me is terrified to deal with a break up of someone I love while pregnant (my husband and I separated during my last pregnancy...so it's a bit of an issue I now have).  

Anyone here ever been in a similar situation?  

Became a birth mother in 2003
I have a sweet girl - Born August 2009
I have a darling boy - Born April 2012
Surprise *TWINS* BFP, IUD was gone! - Due January 2014

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Blog: Simply Complicated Life

Re: Single mom of two...now pg! :sigh:

• Options
    You need to talk to your SO as soon as you can, and you both need to discuss what this means and how he feels about it. I'm hoping it all turns out for the best for you. We're here if you need to talk! I know you may be terrified but you'll feel better after you've talked to him about it.
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Options
    He's been out of town with work, we really won't get a chance to sit down and talk until monday. Which leaves me hormonal and crazy until then. 
    Became a birth mother in 2003
    I have a sweet girl - Born August 2009
    I have a darling boy - Born April 2012
    Surprise *TWINS* BFP, IUD was gone! - Due January 2014

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Blog: Simply Complicated Life
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh that's rough. Have a talk, and hope for the best.

hugs 

• Options
    Yep. I too am in a similar situation. But way more complicated. I pretty much am certain i'll be continuing as a single mom will be 3 under four,so im mostly just looking for advice how to organize manage the household and support during this lonely preg. :
  • Options
    I hope you are doing well hun. Hand in there and congrats!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"