Natural Birth
Options

Babys positioning

It's my understanding that baby's position can greatly impact how labor goes in terms of pushing, tearing and/or having back labor. I see a really fantastic pregnancy chiro now, and will see her every week until delivery at the end. I'm 30 weeks today. Any suggestions on exercises/stretches I should do? Or should I not stress on it? I know alot of it is out of my hands. Any success with acupuncture and positioning??

I know of the spinningbabies website but there's SO much info packed onto that site that its almost a little confusing. I'm not even sure what to follow.

Re: Babys positioning

• Options

https://www.spinningbabies.com/more-info/for-pregnancy/what-to-do-first

That's where you start on spinningbabies. Smile I wouldn't stress a ton if you have no indication anything is wrong, but those basic things won't hurt. 

• Options
    If you have a yoga or birthing ball sitting on that and rocking around on it can help keep baby in a good position . It also helps keep everything loose and open. Pelvic rocks and sitting on the ball really helped turn my daughter who was breech at 29 weeks to head down and now in an almost perfect position at 33 weeks . Keeping everything loose and relaxed will promote better position for the baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

From my first cervical check in the office to the time it was almost time to push, my son was either facing my left side (and his body was upwards-ish) or he was completely face up. When my nurse figured it out, she had me get on my hands and knees. I was only like that for about 10 minutes at the most (only because I was swollen, and I had IVs and the epidural cord getting in the way), and it mostly worked, but I still had to have the use of the vacuum since DS never turned completely face down.

Good Luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Acupuncture and moxibustin helped to turn my baby which got labor going. She was only OA but apparently it was holding things up in her case. DD was late and as soon as she turned most of the way posterior I was in labor (after 3 acupuncture sessions including 2 with moxibustion)!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My baby was sunny side up, and despite all the time I spent on my hands and knees before labor and during, he never turned. However, I was only in active labor for a few hours and had no tears. I did have back labor, but it wasn't too terrible. So, even if baby isn't in the optimal position, it doesn't necessarily mean your labor will be longer or more difficult. Just don't stress about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"