Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

I think a little piece of my soul died yesterday while potty training

Now I know why everyone I know says potty training is one of the worst things you have to do with littles! I was fully prepared, studied my potty training in a day book, did everything the best I could, and it was easily the most exhausting and frustrating day I've had in the last two years. There's just something about being eight months pregnant running to the potty every fifteen minutes, then getting peed on two seconds later and getting to clean up the mess. . again and again! Ahh I'm glad I survived the hardest day at least. Today my dd only had two accidents. But it will be a while before I feel confident (& human?) again. I can't even fathom leaving the house right now. The method I used was definitely vigorous, but I thought it would be the best for us in the long run... time will tell.

To any moms doing this soon, whichever method you choose, may the force be with you. I am now in the club and can commiserate. It's hard work being a mom!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I think a little piece of my soul died yesterday while potty training

• Options
    Maybe your LO isn't ready? Seems young. I know mine isn't ready
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We started two days ago.  So far he has yet to actually pee in the potty except for the time DH caught mid-pee and stuck him there.  Lots of carpet cleaner used and a load of laundry...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    alakealake member

We did the three day potty training with Logan, who is 2 years and and 3 months Thursday through the weekend.

First day tons of accidents, second day 2 accidents, and the third day, he had none.  I left DH home with all five and took Sunday to myself and went scuba diving.  Logan did really good for him.

• Options
    D&HMomD&HMom member

day one is awful. horrible, and I wanted to throw in the towel.  But day two got better, day three was even better.  By day 4-5 it was done and over with. Stick with it. We even left the house on day 5 and it was fine.  the next few weeks were stressful and they wanted to go to every bathroom in sight which was annoying but then that fizzled out.

Stay strong...it will be so worth it when you are done!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The 3 day method isn't for me. I'd rather have it take longer than clean up all those messes. I waited until each DD started telling me when they had to go. DD2 had just turned 2 yrs, so I reluctantly started putting her on the potty. She did learn to poop on the potty almost immediately, but it took a while to develop the bladder control to make it to the bathroom every time.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    cpmichcpmich member
    I don't think I would try it at 8 months pregnant because I have heard birth of a sibling causes potty regression and you may have to do it all over again. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagelogoz80:
    Maybe your LO isn't ready? Seems young. I know mine isn't ready

I know who knows. It's definitely one of those things that I thought I was doing what's best but maybe it would have been easier later. I'll never know! She hasn't had any accidents yet today so I'm crossing my fingers.

• Options

imageClaryPax:
    I'm sorry you lost a part of your soul.  Hope it grows back.  Thanks for postings as I am planning to do the 3 day method starting today, and am really nervous.  Wish me luck!

Good luck!!! 

• Options
    imagealake:

We did the three day potty training with Logan, who is 2 years and and 3 months Thursday through the weekend.

First day tons of accidents, second day 2 accidents, and the third day, he had none.  I left DH home with all five and took Sunday to myself and went scuba diving.  Logan did really good for him.

Awesome! Sounds like my daughter so far too. I hope she keeps it up. So glad that fist day is over now. My mother in law is watching my dd tonight so we can go on a date.. It will be nice to not be thinking about pee for a couple of hours. 

• Options
    imageD&HMom:

day one is awful. horrible, and I wanted to throw in the towel.  But day two got better, day three was even better.  By day 4-5 it was done and over with. Stick with it. We even left the house on day 5 and it was fine.  the next few weeks were stressful and they wanted to go to every bathroom in sight which was annoying but then that fizzled out.

Stay strong...it will be so worth it when you are done!

thank you!  

• Options

imagecpmich:
    I don't think I would try it at 8 months pregnant because I have heard birth of a sibling causes potty regression and you may have to do it all over again. Good luck!

I know I hope that doesn't happen. Thanks. 

• Options
    Hopefully it's gotten better but in the end if it's not working you shouldn't be motivated to do it just because you're about to have another kid in diapers.  At least my assumption that you're starting is because of that.  2 is not the magic number so if she's not ready she's not.  Like a pp said you could be successful and then have to take a few steps back if she regresses once the baby comes.  We had the same thoughts and tried PT-ing DD before DS came along and it was a disaster.  We decided to let it go and waited until she was closer to 3 and tried again.  3 days done and she finished with flying colors.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageAngela814:
    The 3 day method isn't for me. I'd rather have it take longer than clean up all those messes. I waited until each DD started telling me when they had to go. DD2 had just turned 2 yrs, so I reluctantly started putting her on the potty. She did learn to poop on the potty almost immediately, but it took a while to develop the bladder control to make it to the bathroom every time.

This for us too.  I waited for both kids to actually ask to use the potty or let me know they were about to go.  With DD she was 28mos and was fully trained within a week.  With DS it just happened recently at 29mos.  Out of nowhere he started holding himself saying "Gotta go pee" so I took his diaper off and put him on the potty.  He did that several times within the next 2-3 days.  So we put him in underwear and literally trained himself.  He has not had a single accident since. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"