Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Sometimes my dd doesn't fall asleep until 11...

And it drives me bonkers! We always put her to bed around 9. She sits there and talks and plays. Anyone else's two year old do this? She's 27 months.

I seriously don't understand how she can stay up that long. She does sleep in, and lately would sleep til 9 if I let her. I try to wake her up at 8 so that at least she'll be tired enough for a nap in the afternoon. She normally naps two hours, but the last week she won't fall asleep for that either. So she skips it or finally does take a late one. 

Should I wake her up at 7 every morning? Or never allow a later nap? I try so hard to do a good schedule/routine but this child is unpredictable and always changing!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Sometimes my dd doesn't fall asleep until 11...

• Options
    What time is the nap? I usually do a nap around 11-12 and don't let DD sleep past 2. Usually she is tired and in bed by 8.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Options
    It takes our dd an hour, last night it was close to 2 to fall asleep. It's like this if she naps or not and the latest she will sleep until is 7:30.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD regularly falls asleep close to midnight, but she also sleeps in until 9 or so and takes 3 hour naps in the afternoon.  She's well rested and in good spirits, so we don't do anything about it.  She's a night owl like me and her daddy!  Of course, this would all be different if she HAD to wake up early in the morning for school or something or if she was an early riser.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'd put her to bed around 7:00.  If she doesn't fall asleep and stays up a few hours, then at least she will by 9:00.  I bet she's overtired and will sleep earlier though.  If ours isn't in bed by 6:00, then he's up half the night.  We found 6:00 to be our magic time when he's tired and will go to sleep.  If we wait until 7:00, or even 6:30, he's overtired and gets hyped up again (that "second wind".)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"