January 2013 Moms
Options

Worst fear happened!

So I have always been scared if leaving the pump when I go to work or travel. I have officially fulfilled this fear. We are taking our first 6hr car drive to the beach to visit my family and my pump is sitting so nicely in my living room at home! Normally this shouldn't be a problem because I could just nurse LO but she has not been very happy nursing since I have gone back to work and she gets a bottle most of the day. To the point sometime she just screams and will not latch. I also have not been pumping enough to keep up with her demand so I'm nervous I'm not going to be able to fill her this weekend. Works of encouragement are greatly appreciated!

Re: Worst fear happened!

• Options
    Good luck! Maybe this will be a good thing for your breastfeeding relationship. If it is the only way she can eat, then maybe she will stop fighting. Can you buy a cheap hand pump for the weekend? Better than nothing. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagePrivacyWanted:
    4m is a really common time to have them distracted and seemingly refusing to nurse. This could be a good thing to get your supply up.
    Nurse in a quiet area and limit distractions.

This and HANDPUMP!
    I got mine at target for 24 bucks. Love it. Get the Medela that has the letdown feature. Amazing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This. It is called the Medela Harmony, I use it every Friday-Saturday since I'm an Orthodox Jew and don't use electricity on Sabbath. Never thought a hand pump could be so quick/easy!
  • Options

imagePrivacyWanted:
    4m is a really common time to have them distracted and seemingly refusing to nurse. This could be a good thing to get your supply up. Nurse in a quiet area and limit distractions.

Yup.

Also, I agree on picking up a cheap hand pump if it becomes really necessary.  Another option might be renting a pump through a local hospital, but I think you would probably be fine with a hand pump if it comes to that.  I think your best bet is to use this as an opportunity to get your LO back on board with nursing though.

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"