Preemies

Back on the vent, infection...crappy week!

Ellie got put back on the vent on Tuesday night after being extubated for 8 days! :-( They originally thought that her PDA caused the respiratory issue but she had an echo yesterday & it showed that was not the cause. Her heart is enlarged but they still think they can wait on the ligation for now. 

She had some low temps Tuesday as well & was just acting really sick. They drew some blood cultures & they came back positive for Staph last night. We don't know the strain yet because they're still growing. They did a lumbar puncture last night & started her on Vancomycin & Gentamycin. The spinal fluid looked ok but we won't know for sure for 48 hrs. They think the most likely source is her central line so they're just waiting for a few more results & then will likely pull that & place a new one.

Her oxygen requirements have still been all over the place, even on the vent but they've been overall a little lower so I guess that's good.

She is one month old today, I can hardly believe everything she's been through in just that month!

As if the week hasn't been stressful enough, I backed my car into our neighbors stupid trailer yesterday so now we're down to one care until its fixed! Dh is being a jerk about it...just makes me want to scream!!!

As always, we are so appreciative of your thoughts & prayers!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Back on the vent, infection...crappy week!

• I am so sorry to hear about Ellie being reintubated. I am glad that they are on top of it and caught it fast. I hope it clears up and she is better soon. I will continue to pray for her and your family.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sending my thought and prayers your way. *Creepy internet hugs* Hope that she gets feeling better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Praying for you and your LO. Keep fighting Ellie!

• DrRxDrRx member
    I'm sorry that it's been a rough week.  I'm glad that they caught it early and I hope those antibiotics clear that infection in no time.  I'm sorry she had to be intubated again--I remember how frustrating that can be.  (((hugs)))
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"