January 2013 Moms
Options

Clothes...

Lets talk cute tiny baby clothes. What size your babes are wearing now? Have you had to buy new stuff or are you still enjoying all the baby shower clothes? Is there anything you  thought you would love before they were born but just to find out you dislike it?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Clothes...

• Options
    My guy was born January 5th so we are getting close to 5 months and we are finally almost all in 3-6 month stuff. Carters 6 month items are still too big and so are 3-6 month pants (he has such short little legs!) I've bought a few things but mostly everything is still from the showers or from grandma. I thought I would like those bunting things (the one piece things with the elastic on the bottom) but I hated them. They would ride up and his legs would get so cold.

• Options

DD will be 4 months next week and it still fitting into all her 0-3 month. Some are even a little big. It's very strange since she's not tiny, but she's not a big chunk either. She does wear some 3-6 month because they were gifts, but they are still a little too roomy for her. 

I love the footie pajamas and was glad to get a ton from my shower, but they are a pain when it comes time to change a diaper! I gave up and she just sleeps in a onsie. Less snaps to worry about.

BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

she's in 3-6 or Carters 6 mos.  I thought I'd dress her up more, but I don't feel the need to during the week so she's mostly wearing just onesies and pants outfits.  I have a lot of cute summer stuff, probably too much and I worry she won't wear it!  The air is on at daycare so its chilly in there.

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagegoocran7:

DD will be 4 months next week and it still fitting into all her 0-3 month. Some are even a little big. It's very strange since she's not tiny, but she's not a big chunk either. She does wear some 3-6 month because they were gifts, but they are still a little too roomy for her. 

I love the footie pajamas and was glad to get a ton from my shower, but they are a pain when it comes time to change a diaper! I gave up and she just sleeps in a onsie. Less snaps to worry about.

yes, I only like the zipper pajamas.  But I figure we'll just do onesie's all summer long so I'm not buying more until fall.

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I thought I would hate zipper jammies, but we LOVE them. Like PP said, too many snaps...

My LO is in 9 month cloths as of today :( He still fits into 6 month tummy wise but he's so long! 

• Options

dd is 5 months....and i only just started putting her in 3-6 like, a couple of weeks ago...she was 12lbs11oz on the 3rd...some sleepers were short on her, but the onsies still fit....but once i couldn't get the 0-3 over her head i moved on...however some 0-3 pants still fit her (like her jeans- but not her jeggings...my sister called her a hipster last week when i put her in them)....

we got a lot of 0-3, but she was 6lbs when we took her home, so i needed nb clothes which we all ran out to buy....didn't get too much 3-6 so i've had to buy some, but not a lot since dd has grandmother's that like to buy things :) and i raided my niece's old clothes (however, they're off in their seasons, but she had some jeans and pants and sleepers i could use)....i seemed to have received a lot of 6-9 at my shower 

• Options
    DD is in 12 month clothes mostly. The odd 6 month thing will still fit. But we are running out of fitting clothes at an alarming rate. Most of the 12 month stuff we bought or were given to us are winter clothes. So we seriously lack season appropriate clothes. I never imagined her being this big so soon!
    We are pretty much out if gifts and into hand me downs from my niece.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    jobiannjobiann member

Little J is about 17 pounds now and will be 5 months in 7 days. He fits into a lot of 6 month stuff still but is also wearing 9 month clothes. I've already packed away the 3 month clothes. A lot of these clothes I bought, a lot of them at garage sales or received from my friends who have boys that are older now. 

I hope he'll stay in 9 month clothes through the summer because I have SO MANY short sleeve onesie's and little shorts. I bought some 12 month stuff that was on clearance a month ago thinking he'll be able to wear those as early as fall, as late as winter. I just couldn't pass up onesies and cotton pants for like $2 each at Penney's, Kohl's and Younkers. So I'm hoping he'll have a pretty decent wardrobe ready for the colder months. 

I wasn't sure about fleece sleepers, and we received a lot of them as gifts. DS only wore one once, he woke up in sweat and I never put him in one again. So sad because they were thoughtful gifts. He is just too warm blooded like his father. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    DD has just about outgrown all of her 6mo clothes and a few 9mo clothes, so I decided that unless it's fitted, like a onesie, I'm going to skip buying 9mo altogether. She wears a lot of 12mo stuff now and it's roomy, but just fine and she'll make it through the summer in them. We have lots of sundresses as gifts but not from the shower. People keep giving us stuff, so yay! I just hope it's big enough!
  • Options
    Cole is 4 1/2 months. He is in 0-3 still (and i put a newborn onesie on him yesterday.) He was 13lb 8oz last week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD is in 3 to 6 months or Carters 6 months. She had some items but I've had to buy too. I thought I'd like the little summerish rompers, but DD has seriously fat legs and they cut into her legs, so I'm just stuck with them. I'm also not a fan of those pants with the tutu attached, they're cute but so impractical if you have somewhere to go. I also have to adjust the car seat straps, and its just a headache.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LO is just over 5 months now and is just getting into 6 month clothing. its a little big on him but the 3-6 month clothes are getting a tad tight lol!! clothes wise i dont really dislike anything... but the zip up sleepers are a godsend let me tell ya!!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She's 4m and a week and is wearing mostly 3-6 or 6m clothes, she's a chubby  :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options

DS is in a combination of 3-6 and 6 month clothes.  Some of the 3-6 months pants do not fit over his cloth diapers.  He was only gifted a few outfits for this size so we (ahem, grandma) have had to buy more.  But now that it is warmer, we are spending more time in just onesies or just the diaper.  I did buy him a pair of baby Birkenstocks from Old Navy a couple of weeks ago - COULD.NOT.RESIST. - and definitely had a sad moment when I realized that even his shoe size has increased.

I only bought DS one outfit before he was born that he hasn't worn and I bought that second hand, so that is the only thing I can think of in regards to your last question.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"