TTC after 35

OPK question

So, I'm using the Clearblue Easy OPK kit. So far I've gotten 5 days of the blinking smiley face (high fertility) No solid smiley face.(Peak)The package says that it shows 2 days of high fertility and then 2 days of peak fertilirty. Anyone else have this happen?

Re: OPK question

• Hi SlinkyDog, (Great Name ;)

I would look to see if, there is a website that you can go to that has some Q&A to see, if there scenario is listed on there or maybe, a 1-800 number to call and ask.  That sounds annoying.....I use to use them when I was down in the States and I never had that problem.  Especially, 5 days in a row...I hope that you are BDing during this time, anyways....maybe, the tests are just acting up, who knows...

Are you tempting?  If so, have you gotten a rise in temp?  Or, are you checking your CM?  What is that like, I know....TMI, but it will give you the info that you need of your body's functions. 

Well, I hope you get it figured out and keep us posted on what you find out.

Best of Luck!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Hi, No, I'm not temping...I havent really read up on how to do that. I guess I thought the OPKs would be fool-proof
  • Loading the player...
  • No, unfortunately not.....I use to just use them by themselves, too and I was missing the boat.  We have all been at the beginner's stage and not understanding how it all works.  I use to think that if, I got the solid happy face, then I am ovulating, but that is not true.  I don't know how much effort you want to put into this at this point, but there is an amazing book called, 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility' by Toni Wesler.  I never get her last name right, but just google it.  You can check it out at the library to see what you think, but it outlines the whole story and helping you understand how our bodies works and what to look for and do.  Meaning, you can check your cervical mucus, which is no fun but it tells you where you are in ovulation.  The stages are:  Dry, Sticky, Creamy, Watery, and Egg White, then goes back to Dry.  So, once you are wet, then goes dry....means you ovulated, but Tempting gives you the exact day of when you ovulated and in combination of checking your mucus, doing the OPK's and tempting, you will pinpoint your fertility window of 5 day, which you are most concerned with the three days around the big O.  Meaning, two days before and O day.  That is the time period you need to BD to get prego.  I know it seems like a lot of work and can be somewhat of a chore, but it will be worth it in the long run, when you get your take home baby, right?  :)  The book will go over all this stuff....

I would just not discuss too much with hubby and just do this on your own and jump his bones on the three days that it is needed and make some romantic dinner or whatever works for you both and see what happens.  He might just see it as a chore and get turned off, it is the performance thing, you know..... :)

If, you know this info, sorry for the long babble.....but, TTCing takes a bit of work  to make it happen, that I didn't know. You might want to check out a website called Fertility Friend. It is free, which is good. They have some tutorials to help you, but it is great that you can chart your daily temps, mucus status, OPK results and after a few months the site will analyze your cycles to give you an average of how your cycle timing is, so it will help you with pinpointing your fertile days.  Just a thought. 

Hope this helps and Good Luck!  Keep us posted on how it goes.....

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • ksgsmuksgsmu member

imageSlinkyDog2013:
    Hi, No, I'm not temping...I havent really read up on how to do that. I guess I thought the OPKs would be fool-proof

I wish!  OPKs only tell you when your LH levels are surging NOT that you are ovulating.  Temping shows you that you did ovulate.  OPKS with temping gives you the clearest picture... I know it can be overwhelming but it is super easy. 

***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"