Third-Party Reproduction
Options

Can't One Thing Just Go Right?

Warning - this is a long whiney, venty, pity party post.

DH and I started working with a brand new surrogacy agency about a month ago. It's a one-woman operation and we LOVED her! Her rates were way cheaper than the other agency in our state and she was an amazing lady. She even had two potential surrogates that we could meet. We met with one for dinner and we thought things went really well (that was on a Friday). On Monday, we went this woman an email saying we'd like to work with her. We really aren't picky. At this point, we just want a responsible woman who is going to take care of us and the pregnancy. Well, it turns out she wanted us to be friends and have this awesome emotional bond before she would even agree to work with us. That just wasn't ok - we couldn't build a true friendship/connection with someone is this situation because it would be based on us wanting something from her.

The other potential surrogate decided to work with an out-of-state agency, so there was no one left for us to possibly be match with. So, we had to step away from working with this amazing agency and go with one that is way more expensive, less personal, and farther away. I'm so angry and sad that we had to start all over again. I just mailed the application yesterday and I'm bitter that I had to pay them a non-refundable check just to look at our application and see if we are good enough to work with but the drug-abuser down the street can pop out kids like nobody's business.

To make it worse, we have our annual girls' weekend trip next weekend. Two of the girls are pregnant and we are having one of the showers on Saturday. I was ok with it because I thought we'd at least be a tiny bit closer to having a family...but no. We are no closer than we were after our 6th loss. To make it worse, my friends have made me the elephant in the room - they all know about my situation but refuse to acknowledge it and it's awkward when there are kids around.

Overall, my heart hurts today. I'm feeling especially angry and bitter and I'm so sad that we are completely starting over. It's not a good day for me today.

Thanks for letting me whine and vent. I feel a tiny bit better now that I've gotten it all out. Sorry this got so long. 

TTC since April 2010
BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
~All AL always welcome~

Re: Can't One Thing Just Go Right?

• Options
    Kaf8278Kaf8278 member
    I can't relate to looking for a surrogate but I can relate to the anger, bitterness, and jealousy in my fertility journey. It is so hard to have patience after trying for so long and feeling like you are at square one. It is so hard to have friends not want to talk to you because they don't know what to say. All I can offer is that only do what you can do. If it is too much to sit through baby showers, then don't. It's okay. Take care of you! My thoughts are with you!
  • Options
    I am so sorry you are having to start all over and with an agency that's not your first choice. I hope that the agency will work fast and you won't have to wait too much longer. I hope you are able to enjoy your weekend and that your friends are compassionate towards you. Huge hugs!

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Even though we are not using a surrogate, I can completely relate to this right now. I hope the girls weekend ends up being more fun then painful for you ((HUGS)) 

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

September 2013 DE IVF (Fingers Crossed) = BFFFN! again...

October 2013 FET of our last 2 = Beta Hellzz for 6-7 Weeks. M/C

• Options
    Big hugs! I'm sorry you're dealing with all of this.

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • Options

I'm very sorry and I can't imagine the frustration you must be feeling.  What agency were/are you working with?  I used Family Source Consultants as a surrogate and loved them.  I have no idea how their fees compare to what you're paying, but they seem very personal even though I'm out of state and have never met them, I've spoken to them countless times on the phone and through e-mail, I feel like I know them and as if they know me.  I will say, I don't think it's uncommon for a surrogate to want a "friendship" relationship, but there are those that prefer more of a business relationship.  IMO, if you're looking for more of a business relationship, let your agency and any potential surrogates know upfront, it'll save a lot of hurt feelings and frustration down the road.  Good luck to you, I hope you get matched with a wonderful carrier soon.  Have you thought of looking independently, or do you prefer to stick with an agency?

ETA:  I agree with Kaf, if it's going to be too painful to go to the baby shower, then don't go. 

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    I am so sorry with all that is happening to you. Big hugs and hope the weekend turns around to be an ok one. Take care :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. I know what you mean about, when it rains it pours. I hope that you are able to find the surrogate you are hoping for. And I hope that your girls weekend finds you some peace, happiness, and some fun too! Be well!
    SAIF/PAIF absolutely ALWAYS welcome to respond!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry - I'm going through a very similar thing right now and asking myself the same question. After all of the infertility sadness, why can't this be even slightly easier? You'll be in my thoughts!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"