May 2012 Moms
Options

Pointless Poll

These past few days were really tough! I was away at a work conference for 2 days and it was the longest I've ever been away from DD. 40 hours total. WOW! I'm really proud of myself for not breaking down, but man it was hard. Especially since she had her ENT appointment at which the dr. decided to hold off on tubes for the summer to see if they stop since her tubes are the proper width and shape, we'll re-assess in July. THEN I get frantic text messages from DH when I come out of a lecture and check my phone saying DD has a HUGE rash all over her face and body and he's taking her to emerg....only to call him and find out it's heat rash. Way to scare the life out of me. Anyway it was eventful, but I'm happy to be back with my girl.

SO ANYWAY, back to the point of the post; the poll. What's the longest you've ever been away from your LOs?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Pointless Poll

• Options
    We've done tons of overnights. But I think the longest has been 2 nights.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    20 hours. DH planned a mothers day getaway for the 2 of us. We left Saturday around 3pm and were home Sunday at 11am. It was my first time away from her overnight and I was so nervous but we had a great time and she did fine with my aunt. She was very clingy the next day but I didn't mind! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    4hours. A night out is about all I can handle
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    maryxc1maryxc1 member
    About five hours is the longest. DS is breastfed and wouldn't take a bottle. As of yesterday we are down to nursing twice a day, morning and night, so I am looking forward to a little more freedom.
  • Options
    I think the longest has been 8-9 hours or however long a work day is.  I would trust my mom for an overnight but he still wakes sometimes at night and I don't want them to have to deal with that.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Options
    Just long enough for a date night. We don't have anyone here we could leave the kids with over night.
  • Options
    cltk12cltk12 member
    We've done a handful of overnight date nights and did a 2 night trip w/o DS. My mom loves to watch LO and thankfully doesn't mind MOTN feedings.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    GromMomGromMom member
    A few hours and to be honest it feels weird, like if in the store alone buying something for babies or kids like baby food or books, I'm afraid someone will come up and say that I don't belong there, weird I know... Los grandma took him to the park for a couple of hours and I got a ton accomplished, and other times I've left lo with dh.
  • Options

Just a few hours at a time. And even though I work 8-5 I still come home for my lunch every day to feed DD and give my MIL or my DH an hour break.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    The longest is 9 hours, once a week for work and that was only the last month or two, before that it was 4 hours.

With Nathan the first time I left him overnight was when he was 18 months when Lucas was born. My oldest was three before I left him over night and that was our honeymoon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"