Babies: 6 - 9 Months

For those of you that are one and done

I know at least one mom on this board is one and done, and I was wondering: How many bedrooms, bathrooms, and square feet is the place you live? Is it big enough for you?

I'll be XPing over on the one and done board as well. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: For those of you that are one and done

• 3 bedrooms, 1 bath.  1600 sq ft.  Definitly need a second bathroom.  I could never have another in this current situation.  Our "spare" room currently serves as an office/man cave/additional closet space.  I would love to have an additional room for a guest room.  But this works for now.
  • abbp23abbp23 member
    We have a 4 bed, 2 bath. 1800 sq ft. We are pretty set for space, I just don't like where we live and the layout of the house. W has his room, DH has his office, and then we have the dog/storage room. We actually got this home because we thought we would have more than 1 baby but W and I had too many complications to risk it again. 
    Missed M/C 11/11/11
    BFP: 3/15/12 EDD: 11/25/12 DOB: 11/12/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Lurker from 3-6 months...

When we WERE 1 and done (or so we thought), we had a 2 bed/1 bath 950 sq ft apt. It was horrible. We were always in each others space, there was no quiet spot in our house, and sharing 1 single bathroom was hard. Just thinking about it gives me a headache.

We moved into a 1600 sq ft 3 bed/2 bath with a playroom when I was 3 months pregnant and it worked great for us before DD2. Now, it seems to be well for the most part. When we buy we are looking at houses with 4 rooms (1 for guests), with possibly 2000-2800 sq ft, which is pretty well priced in my area.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Our house is 4 bdr 2 1/2 bath 2200 sg ft. We have an office and a guest bedroom. If we were to have another then the guest bedroom would have to become the second baby's room. I don't think we are interested in having another though. Our house is perfect sized for us. We have extra space, but no empty rooms, etc. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 2 image
  • I'm fairly certain we are 1 and done. DD was colicky which set me over the edge and almost caused me and DH to get a divorce.  Love her to death but having a newborn is not my thing.

Our home is 3200 sq feet, 4 bedrooms, 3 bath, finished basement.  Plenty of room for more kiddos but she won't have to fight any siblings when she gets older :-) 

• We are one and done, although I do have a teenage stepdaughter who we have some of the time.

Our house is 4br/2.5bath and 1700sf.   I think the size is fine for us.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Pretty sure we're one and done and it has little to do with finances (other than the cost of 2 in daycare) or space (2100 sq ft., 4 bedrooms) but instead with my sanity. LOL

Also not a fan of the newborn stage.  Haven't take adopting a slightly older child off the table, though.  I feel before we do that we should be experienced parents first so we can better deal with likely issues.

• We are once and done (we had twin girls). We have 3bed/1ba in just over 1700sf.

The girls share a room and will continue to do so as long as it's feasible. Our spare room is an office & guest bedroom.

My H was one of 5 kids in a house smaller than ours. With only 1 bathroom that is also smaller than ours. It would be tough to convince him we need more space, though I'm sure he would agree that one more bathroom would be nice. ;)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would love to be OAD.  Our house is 3 bed/2 bath and 1200 sq ft plus finished basement.  Our spare room is a guestroom, office is in the basement. We love our house and there is a certain size/style to the houses in the specific neighborhood we're in plus we are in the city. We do not want to move to the suburbs where there would be more options.
  • We planned to be one and done but DD was a surprise baby. We have 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, and 5900 sq feet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"