Birthday Parties
Options

when to cut cake?

For an at home party with a bounce house when would you cut the cake? WE are having the party at 10AM and I figure the kids will want to bounce for a bit pre cake. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

Re: when to cut cake?

• Options

Assuming that people won't be on time and there aren't any other planned activities then I wouldn't cut the cake until after 12:00.

Edited for not knowing how to add time correctly.  Stick out tongue

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I usually cut the cake towards the end of the party. If you'll serve some kind of lunch then I'd do that around 12 and cut the cake afterwards, if it's just some appettizers and cake then I'll cut it around 11.30

Definitely let the kids jump for a good while before cutting the cake 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel like the singing of Happy Birthday & cutting the cake is the signal the party is winding down. If the party starts @ 10, based on arrivals & the flow, I'd guess around 11:30.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Options

Are you serving lunch at a specific time? Or will you just have food out and available for grazing?

If you are serving lunch, I'd do it right after lunch. So, pizza at 11:30 and cake at noon or something like that. If you will have food out for people to eat at their whim, then I'd do the cake about 30 minutes before you want everyone to head home. For me, that'd be 11:30 or 12.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We will have food out for grazing. We are having "brunch appetizers" like personal strattas, fruit tray, veggy tray with hummus, pigs in a blanket, hard boiled eggs that look like dino eggs, and cookie bars. Maybe some type of baked oatmeal or oatmeal bar. They will just be out and everyone can graze until cake cutting time. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"