Cloth Diapering
Options

Long term diaper storage?

How do you ladies store your diapers when they aren't in use?  We're going to move from NC to WI this summer, and want to pack up some of the smaller stuff (newborn prefolds/covers, etc).  Will a plastic tupperware bin suffice?  Do I have to do anything special to them before putting them away?  Do you get them out and wash them once in awhile while they're being stored?  We don't plan on trying for baby #2 until DD is about 2.5 years old, so they'll be packed away for a bit... Also, where in the house do you keep them?  I'm guessing it's a good idea to avoid damp places (i.e., garage, basement, etc)?

Re: Long term diaper storage?

• Options
    I've heard to not put them in plastic but something that'll breathe but I haven't had to store anything yet so I don't actually have experience. 
  • Options

I heard that too. Unless you think there might be bugs or moths I'd avoid plastic. My newborn stash are in the closet in a cardboard box.

A good solution would be layering them with packing or tissue paper in a plastic tub. No bugs, no moisture problems. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DD is potty training so I've been slowly stripping and putting the diapers that we aren't using away. I had e-mailed BumGenius and GroVia about their recommendations on long term storage.

GroVia said to just put everything in a plastic bin away from moisture. BumGenius said they didn't have any recommendations, but that a plastic bin should be okay. I know Applecheeks recommends a vacuum sealed bag for their diapers.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"