April 2012 Moms

Feeding Question

Hi ladies!!  I haven't posted on here in FOREVER.  I think back fondly on how much I enjoyed this board during pregnancy.  Anywho, I come to you guys with a question today.  DS is still nursing quite a bit...before I leave for work, several times in the evening, and throughout this night (we co-sleep).  I think if it were up to him, he would be content to still EBF!!

His teeth were verrrrrry late in coming in- he got his 1st one at his 1st birthday party.  I was so scared to give him anything textured without teeth so I delayed giving him table food/textures longer than I should have & now he hates any food with texture.  He won't attempt to feed himself although he can; he has the pincer grasp.  He will eat some fruit & vegetable purees and pureed meat.  How can I get him more interested in table food?  Do you think the continued high amount of nursing is keeping him too full?

Blessed to be married to my best friend & so in love with our little man!!
Mason Robert born 4/26/2012

Me:  31   DH:  35
Unexplained Secondary Infertility
TTC#2 since Spring 2014
Clomid 50mg BFP 8/27/15, chemical pregnancy 8/30/15
Clomid 100mg IUI #1 10/12/15....BFN.
TTC Break until January 2016.

Re: Feeding Question

• Does he not like touching the food? Does he gag when eating textured food?

I start off slow, but just introduce a few new table foods a week. Cut them up really small and just leave them on his plate/tray. How about letting him play with some textured food ?  Like just letting him play with it, make a mess etc.

• ckk8584ckk8584 member
    He LOVES touching the food.  He pulls it all apart, throws it, but wants nothing to do with it going in his mouth.
    Blessed to be married to my best friend & so in love with our little man!!
    Mason Robert born 4/26/2012

Me:  31   DH:  35
    Unexplained Secondary Infertility
    TTC#2 since Spring 2014
    Clomid 50mg BFP 8/27/15, chemical pregnancy 8/30/15
    Clomid 100mg IUI #1 10/12/15....BFN.
    TTC Break until January 2016.

• Loading the player...
  • Per my Dr, child should come to meal time hungry so water is given in between meals. Milk/BF after meal/snack.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"