Just wanted to intorduce myself. — The Bump
Infertility Veterans

Just wanted to intorduce myself.

Hi Everyone.  I am 38 and my DH is 39 and we have been dealing with TTC for about 6 years now.  Here is a bit of our background.

We started our journey in 2007 right before our wedding and nothing was happening for us, so we began going to our Fertility Dr.  We did 6 months of Clomid and about 2 months in my husband broke his knee, so with that happening and 2 surgeries later, still no baby.  We decided to take some time off because my weight was also a factor.  I had GBS done in May 2011 and I have sucessfully lost 105 pounds and have kept it off.  So we decided that it was time to head back to the doctors and now we are back on Clomid (100 mg) and just did our 1st IUI on Tuesday, May 14th.  We have had every test done under the sun and the problem that we face is that the sperm is unable to get from point A to point B safely.  His counts were amazing and I had 2 follicles measuring at 18 & 19 the day before our IUI. 

This has been such a long, crazy, heartbreaking journey for so many of us.

Re: Just wanted to intorduce myself.

• BzeetyDBzeetyD member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary Photogenic

Hey there!

I'm sorry you've had such a long journey so far and I hope that your IUI works out this cycle. Congratulations on your amazing weight loss too!

This board is for women who have spent 6mo+ on the Infertility board, and have built relationships and offered support to others on that board during their journey. It would be best if you introduced yourself there. You'll find more folks going through IUIs over there, and better support for where you are in your journey. Us veterans frequent that board as well.

Best of luck with your cycle and I hope things go well!

BzeetyD = 38, Mr. BzeetyD = 44 together 12/02 married 9/08
    TTC #1 since 1/10
    DX: Unexplained/??? MFI issues

Our lil' lost sparks:
    5w3d loss 7/30/10 - EDD March 2011
    8w loss 4/15/11 - EDD November 2011
    8w3d loss 8/2/12 - EDD March 2013
    4w c/p loss 10/29/12 - EDD July 2013

Long story: trying on our own + testing testing testing with 6 rounds of Clomid, more testing, injectables + TI, laparoscopy - one tube blocked, 2 IUIs with Follistim...BFNs.
    RPL testing all normal, Karyotyping normal

Moving on to IVF.

IVF #1 April 2012 = BFN, IVF #2 June 2012 = BFP. U/S 7/23 = saw heartbeat but measuring behind. Follow up U/S on 7/30 - no heartbeat. D&C 8/2. Trisomy 12. IVF #3 Oct 2012 = Chemical Pregnancy

Phone consult with CCRM on 12/12/12 - ODWU 1/4/13 - both tubes clear(!) - AFC 24, AMH 3.2, FSH 9.6, LH 5.4, E2 25. DH has high frag rate but improved!
    IVF #4 March 2013 CCRM. EP protocol w/ Menopur, Gonal-F & Dexamethasone. ER 3/29 & IMSI, PICSI. 43R 13M 10F 6blasts bio'd. CCS testing reveals 3 normals!!!
    FET 5/31/13 of 1 4AA blast - thawed and expanded. 4dp5dt BFP.
    Beta 9dp5dt = 181, 11dp5dt = 427. 1st u/s showed a healthy heartbeat! EDD 2/16/14

After 4 years of hoping and heartbreak, our sweet little bean was born on 2/19/14
    We are so in love with her.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • Thank you for the heads up.  I did put my post on the other board.  Best of luck to you all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards