Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Not sure what to do here...

DS is 7.5 months old. He is getting over the stomach flu, with just maybe one or two diarrhea diapers a day now.

This past few weeks though, he has started to flail and punch me, and kick me when I hold him, while he starts to cry and whine. Naturally, I'll put him down when he starts to do this. Putting him down just makes him scream and cry even more, to the point when he starts choking back his tears. I of course pick him back up then, but he just continues to kick and punch me while whining.

I'm not sure what to do. He's not hungry or wet and trying to cuddle gets me punched, so I'm not sure what it is. It does happen when he's tired, but I don't get why he just won't go to sleep then (he's been able to put himself to sleep for a couple months now).

Any advice? 

ETA: It isn't the stomach flu that's bothering him; he's back to his regular old self now. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Not sure what to do here...

• I have no idea but I am going through the same thing.  I feel like its becuase he is trying to be more independent all while battling separation anxiety so he wants to move around and be a "big boy" but still scared crapless that I am going to leave him if this makes any sense. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is a tough age because they really want to be mobile, but aren't quite there yet. They still like to be cuddled, but have also figured out they can have fun on their own too. Maybe try sitting on the floor with him so he's "independent" but you're still right there. Or sit him next to you on the couch, with your arm around him, so you're still cuddling but he has his own space.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's the age. My DD does the same thing...crawl into my lap or put her arms up to be picked up, then immediately wiggle to get down. Repeat, repeat, repeat. I just try to do something to distract her and catch her attention for a minute and she usually stops.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"