September 2011 Moms
Options

maybe dumb question - humidifier in summer for a cold?

N has a cold and is coughing at night.  I tried raising the mattress but she moves so much I'm not sure it helps.  It is already pretty humid so I'm not sure a humidifier would help -- do you use in the summer? I also use vicks though I don't notice a difference whether I do or not.

Re: maybe dumb question - humidifier in summer for a cold?

• Options
    GVSU-04GVSU-04 member
    We've used it in the summer. I don't know if it helped, but I felt like we had to do something. Elevating the mattress doesn't work for us either.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We used the humidifier last summer when she was sick.  I'm sure we will do it this summer too.  If we turn it up too high there is a distinct mist in her room - it was kinda funny the first morning we saw it though.  Looked like fog.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    njmamaknjmamak member
    E has a cold now too and tends to get asthma symptoms whenever he so much as has a runny nose. Went to the dr today who gave us meds and told us to elevate the mattress (although you're right- he always ends up at the non-elevated side, or backwards) and use a humidifier even though it was 86 today.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Pips09Pips09 member
    Yup, we use it in the summer, too! It can't hurt, especially if the A/C is running.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"