Pre-School and Daycare

Birthday protocol...

DD was invited to a party and we were all set to go, but then she got really sick.  I contacted mom about 24 hours before the party and cancelled.  She said she would save Alex's craft for her (It was a party at Michaels).  Now, not to be ridiculous, cheap or inappropriate, but do I still give her a gift? 

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Birthday protocol...

• If the girl is a closer friend yes. If it is a ranfom kid at preschool no.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKKDRAGONFLY:
    If the girl is a closer friend yes. If it is a ranfom kid at preschool no.

Ditto. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks. She's a lovely girl with lovely parents from preschool, but they don't play much. I am such a cad when it comes to social expectations.
  • I'd still give her a gift, something simple though.  Her mom probably paid for your daughter's activity/craft and Michaels and since she said she'd save that for your daughter, I'd go ahead and reciprocate with a gift.  
  • imageMaliaMouse:
    I'd still give her a gift, something simple though. nbsp;Her mom probably paid for your daughter's activity/craft and Michaels and since she said she'd save that for your daughter, I'd go ahead and reciprocate with a gift. nbsp;

This and if she is nice enough to give you the craft then you should give the kid a gift b
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • imageMaliaMouse:
    I'd still give her a gift, something simple though. nbsp;Her mom probably paid for your daughter's activity/craft and Michaels and since she said she'd save that for your daughter, I'd go ahead and reciprocate with a gift. nbsp;

I would.

Kind of related: Last year a kid from DD1 class couldn't make it to her party but left her a present in her cubby. It was sweet, not necessary obviously but I went ahead and brought in a favor bag and put it in his cubby with a Thank You note.
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageJune2007:
    imageMaliaMouse:
    I would. Kind of related: Last year a kid from DD1 class couldn't make it to her party but left her a present in her cubby. It was sweet, not necessary obviously but I went ahead and brought in a favor bag and put it in his cubby with a Thank You note.

Thanks all.  I ended up putting the present in her backpack at school today.  Frankly I think I was being selfish and didn't want to upset DD by reminding her that she missed the party.   But she actually took it well, wrapped it herself and wrote a sweet note for her.   

• jlw2505jlw2505 member
    If you had planned to go and already bought the gift, then yes, I would give it to them.  Chances are the parents had already bought the favors, planned food and all that jazz.  If you had said no up front then giving a gift would be totally optional based on how good of friends the kids are but in this situation, I would still give the gift.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"