Snarky and T-TTC
Options

I'm back! (and an update)

I'm back from New York!! Wow!! The city is amazing!! We stayed with a friend in Brooklyn (close to Brooklyn Heights) and though he's only lived there 6 years, he fell in love with the city and is currently training to be a tour guide. So we couldn't have stayed with anyone better! We saw every tourist attraction on our list, plus a bunch of small local places we would have never seen otherwise! We had our own personal tour guide!

We saw so many things but the highlight of our trip was Rockefeller Center! We didn't want to go, didn't know much about it, but our friend convinced us and got us a free tour and a visit to the top, so we did it! It was breathtaking! We were at the top for sunset on our anniversary and saw all the lights in the city come on. It was amazing! And while on the tour, we saw Leonardo DiCaprio! Hot as ever!!

DH and I reconnected in a way we didn't know we needed and in a way I didn't even realized we had been missing. The trip came at such a perfect time for us, and in the midst of healing and trying to figure out how to move on, we realized that there are a million ways to celebrate the life we have. I can't put in words how GOOD for us the trip was.

I'm not sure how much more I'll be around here. We have decided to stop TTC. We are in the middle of deciding between a gestational carrier with our frosties, adoption, or living child free. My heart is telling me that child free is where we will end up. I think the costs of the other options are a bit much for our budget, especially since we're still trying to pay off the last 3 surgeries I've had. I wish money wasn't a factor.

This board has been a life saver for me, it's a place I felt a home and where I felt understood. But while we decide which road to take, it's not healthy for me to have my mind on TTC. In so many ways, it still is, but I need to move on. I'm coming to terms that a healthy long lasting pregnancy isn't in the works for me, and that's a hard enough pill to choke down.

I love all of you! And I thank you immensely for all the love and support I've received here! Huge huge hugs!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm back! (and an update)

• Options

Hi! I'm so glad to gear you and your H had such a great trip. Sounds like it was perfect. I will certainly miss you around here. I'd love to keep in touch via email (yes I'm lame and still not on FB, haha) if you want. I think I still have your email from when you sent Hunger Games. But it's up to you.

I hate so much that you are struggling with the decisions you are. I wish you and your husband luck and peace with whatever you choose. I am here to listen and support anytime. Love you!

TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm glad you had a great trip. It sounds wonderful. I will miss seeing you post but completely understand. I'm sorry you are having to make such a tough decision.
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Best of luck, Katt. I hope the best for you no matter which path you choice.
  • Options
    imageJenny829:
    Hi! I'm so glad to gear you and your H had such a great trip. Sounds like it was perfect. I will certainly miss you around here. I'd love to keep in touch via email yes I'm lame and still not on FB, haha if you want. I think I still have your email from when you sent Hunger Games. But it's up to you.I hate so much that you are struggling with the decisions you are. I wish you and your husband luck and peace with whatever you choose. I am here to listen and support anytime. Love you!
    Totally, Jenny! I have your email :]
  • Options
    I don't post here but I know you "know" me.. PM me if you decide to be childfree and want to join the other CF ladies offline.. I'm really trying not to read the boards anymore(obviously not a good job since here I am posting...) Hugs. 

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options
    imageMrs.McIrish:
    I don't post here but I know you "know" me.. PM me if you decide to be childfree and want to join the other CF ladies offline.. I'm really trying not to read the boards anymore(obviously not a good job since here I am posting...) Hugs. 
    ygpm :) 
  • Options
    Back at you:-)

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options
    shotzieshotzie member
    I'm glad you guys had such a great trip. I loved all the pics on FB! I'm so sorry you guys have to make this decision. Sending love and huge hugs to you.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options
    gidgegidge member

So glad you guys enjoyed your trip! It looked like you had a great time.

It sucks that you have to make this decision at all and even more that money has to play a factor.

((hugs)) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"