Working Moms
Options

Blah, it's Tuesday but.....

.....at least we have a three day weekend coming up!! Or four if you took off Friday like I did!! :-)

So what's everyone doing this long Memorial Day weekend?

We're hitting up a theme park with some friends (not the mouse!) on Saturday and have a housewarming party on Sunday. Ugh. Not feeling the housewarming party since we will be the only ones with kids and our friends will all want to stand around and talk to us while we chase our three year old around a house that isn't child proof. But if we don't bring the kids, we will have to hear 'Oh we wanted to see them!' We will probably just make a quick appearance. Then I'm hoping to hit up the beach on Monday morning, maybe a BBQ with the family in the afternoon.

So let's hear your plans since I'm dying to get this week over with!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Blah, it's Tuesday but.....

• Options
    LoCarbLoCarb member

I'm jealous of your 4 day wknd!!!

The girls b-day party is Saturday. They have April b-days but DD1 really wanted a pool party hence the one month later celebration. I'm hoping btwn the swimming and heat nap time will not be an issue. Then us mom's can enjoy a cpl cocktails and catch up. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am not 100% sure but I would like to go to the beach. DHs parents have 2 condos on the beach and it would be nice to go and stay in one of them (not the one they would be in :)). The only drawback is spending the weekend with them. If we go there they always want to go too...It would be Lillian's first time at the beach so that would lots of fun!

DH is doing some contracting work after his regular job and the other guy he works with will be out of town. I am hoping because of this he doesn't have to stay in town in case he gets called in.

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KatieH and LibraryChica do you guys head over to the east coast or west coast when you go to the beach? Just curious! We do the west coast. I personally prefer the gulf over the Atlantic.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH has to work half a day Saturday so that cuts down on activity. Some of our friends are taking their boat out but since LO is so little, one of us would have to sit and watch others go out on a boat.. not that fun. We might go to a drive in to see Iron Man 3 or Star Trek. I want to see The Great Gatsby but DH will whine ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Netty_3Netty_3 member
    We're going to a party at the park for a mommy and baby group we're in on Saturday after soccer. Then DH is taking him to a baseball game with his friends and their sons on Sunday. I plan on binding LO's quiet book...or at least the pages I have done so far. Other than that...relax! :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    Working every day. Sad face.

I have extra long work days every holiday weekend during the summer. I work at an outdoor theater and since people generally don't buy tickets over a holiday weekend, we can do all of our intense prep work then. Yay?

My folks will be in town to watch LO so I'm really looking forward to the fact that she'll get lots and lots of attention while I'm at work. Hooray for grandparents!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH and I are both working Sad so nothing special for us.  I kind of figured it would be a busy weekend for amusement parks so I don't mind it that much.  DS2's 6th birthday is Friday, so we will go out to dinner that night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    KL777KL777 member
    More than likely we'll grill in our backyard, take DS to the carnival nearby, and RELAX!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options

imagefinancialdiva:
    KatieH and LibraryChica do you guys head over to the east coast or west coast when you go to the beach? Just curious! We do the west coast. I personally prefer the gulf over the Atlantic.

Like LC we go to the East coast for day trips since it's about an hour or so depending on the beach. DHs parents condo is in Ormond by the Sea so that's about an hour for us.

I prefer the West coast. We go to Sarasota for vacation every year with a group of people. I LOVE it there, the sand, the water, shells... I want to retire there. Our vacation there is right after July 4th - I am really excited!

Where are you located in FL?

Lillian April 17, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"