Single Parents

Tell me about...

... your Child Support Review Negotiation Conference. 

Is this something you dress up for, like you would for a court hearing? I mean, I'm not going to wear my pj pants or anything, but would jeans and a nice shirt or a sun dress and flip flops be acceptable? 

I know the... ahem... "other party" wants a paternity test, so will any negotiating even go on until that's verified (which takes a week or two)?  Also, there's a chance he won't show up. What happens then? 

I will try to call the AG's office tomorrow, but lately their number has been disconnected (wtf, I know) and I hope to get some sort of general idea of what to expect. I am totally clueless. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Tell me about...

• This is also something I'm curious about! But I'd definitely look my best regardless. If you look professional as possibly it will always look good on you.
  • I agree with PP, it can't hurt to look nice. I'd go with kahkis and a nice shirt. GO like you would to an interview.

• Loading the player...
  • I also would think it wouldn't hurt anything to look nice for the hearing and dress up a little bit.
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Any time I had to go to court, I was either coming from work or going into work after. I'm in business causal attire which, for me, means dark dress slacks and a nice top with dressy accessories and heels. I never felt out of place and always felt like I was representing myself well.

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"