Babies: 6 - 9 Months

rec. your floaty

Going on vacation and need a floaty for DD in the pool. She is 8 months and 19lbs. Would prefer one with shade and is sturdy. I have been looking and a lot of the reviews stink!

Re: rec. your floaty

• I am looking for something for my DD.  She 7 months and 18.5 lbs and is too small for a lot of the stuff I see in the stores.  I too am looking for the same thing you are.  My parents live on a lake and have a boat, so DD will be spending a lot of time in the water.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Just a suggestion, but you might consider a coast guard approved life jacket instead of a floatie. It won't provide the shade, but most swimming teachers will tell you to avoid floaties because they discourage proper swimming technique by keeping a baby upright in the water. They technically are a drowning hazard as well, because if a child is bumped forward or flipped by accident, the floatie prevents them for righting themselves and the head can get stuck underwater (although that would obviously only happen if a parent weren't close by or paying attention).

Anyway - hope you find something you are comfortable with, just wanted to let you know the cons because not everyone is aware that they can be problematic. Just something to think about!

January Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1: 10-25-11, MC: 11-1-11 @ 5w5d
     BFP#2: 12-29-11, DS born September 2012
    TFAS: July 2014, BFP#3: 12-29-14
    , EDD 9-9-15

• Loading the player...
  • This is the one we are considering.... I've been reading a lot of reviews lately and most people seem to really like it. 

https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Spring-Float-Canopy-Colors/dp/B00253T7R2/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1369186643&sr=1-1&keywords=swimways+baby+float 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Relationship Humor Blog: The Hubby Diaries
  • My parents have a heated pool, and DS already has a plastic boat with a canopy, an inflatable floatie with canopy, and another float I got for him. He's a little small for the boat, the one with the canopy kinda sucks because the canopy flops around, and I really like the "Mom and Me" one: https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3934872  He's 6 months and 21 lbs.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"