Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

food ideas needed....brekky and lunch

I need food ideas for my 11mo. I feel like we are in a bit of a rut all around with breakfasts and lunches. Plus I'm tired of getting sh!t from my Mom about my son having waffles, pancakes and the once in a blue moon piece of my cinnamon roll for breakfast (she thinks he is going to get fat) in addition to the fruit and juice he normally has. So I'm trying to find different things for him to eat, either seperately or in combination with other things to create meals. So far the only allergy we have is to oatmeal. Any ideas are helpful. Thanks ladies!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: food ideas needed....brekky and lunch

• Options
    APriceAPrice member

We give our LO whatever we are eating for breakfast...something eggs, muffins, etc. Honestly I'm not super creative either when it comes to breakfast. For lunch sometimes I purposely cook extra stuff at dinner the night before so he can have it for lunch. He loves yogurt, string cheese, chicken, turkey, hummus on pita bread...that's about all I have all my sleeve for lunch. Sorry I can't be more help!

And I wouldn't worry about him getting fat...our pedi said not to even worry about how much fat or calories he's taking in until well after 2 years old. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

That's crazy she has concern about him getting fat while he is so little.  I feed my kids the same things you listed.  I hosted a shower this past weekend so we have tons of pastries left over, so guess what they will have for breakfast and maybe even a snack for the next few days....PASTRIES! ha.

Here are some of the things we feed DS.  Since we also have a toddler, he eats a lot of things that I would normally NOT buy for a baby, but since DD is eating it, he wants it too.

Breakfast: pancakes, waffles, tortillas, eggs, yogurt, one of those squeezable baby foods, dry cereal (like cheerios)...pretty much whatever we are eating.

Lunch: squeezable baby food, cheese, quesadillas, crackers, chicken nuggets (Baked, all white meat), lunch meat,  mac n cheese, baby food, yogurt, etc.  Pretty much whatever DD is eating.

Dinner: whatever we have! 

snacks: all the gerber graduate snacks (puffs, crunchies, yogurt melts, squeezable fruit pouches, etc)

Hope this helps!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. this is exactly what i needed, and I'm glad that I'm not the only one giving their LO waffles and pancakes. Sometimes DS is picky, and other times he will eat me out of house and home. If you think of anything else just add it in. :)
  • Options
    vrj0522vrj0522 member
    We do a lot of yogurt, string cheese, apple sauce, smoothies (mix of veggies and fruit), cottage cheese, puffs, and all kinds of soups for lunch. LO is really into soups and stews.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options

Tell your mom to mind her business. I wonder what she fed you, KWIM?

He gets waffles, pancakes, eggs, muffins, toast with cottage cheese, fruit, yogurt (Chobani Champions), and any kind of cereal, really.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Options
    This thread has helped me a lot. My question is...how much of whatever do you give LO? How do you know if LO's getting enough food?

• Options
    Plus my LO has about 6-8 teeth.
  • Options

Alli, babies know when they're full. I keep giving her food or feeding her until she turns her head away, is fussy, etc. I never force her to eat.

my girl is 9 months and has 8 teeth - she doesn't eat a ton of solids but she eats nutri grain bars, string cheese, crackers, veggie straws, baby puffs (more to occupy her than any nutritional benefit), steamed veggies (although she hasn't been into them lately, sigh), yogurt, apple sauce, and she LOVES pasta.

• Options

I make a grilled cheese sandwich (american cheese) and feed my 11 m/o 1/2 *broken into bite sized pieces; honeydew melon and cottage cheese with a cheerio chaser :0) 

She also eats pastina with american cheese, with a 1/2 veggie pouch or a meatball that I made and froze ahead of time (I pull one out and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, break it up and mix in the pastina and cheese and it is like she is having homemade hamberger helper). 

I made scrambled eggs and toast the other day and she liked it, so you can try that as well. hope this helps! 

And then there were three...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"