New Orleans Babies
Options

Looking for OB in NOLA/Metairie/Kenner

Hi All,  I am 8 wks and I am looking for a new Dr.  I have been seeing Dr. Cohen at Oschner in Kenner.  I don't mind the staff but Dr. Cohen is always late and never takes the time to talk to me or answer my questions.  I am looking for either a doctor or a midwife who is supportive and takes the time to hear what I have to say.  I've seen a lot of good things about doctors at Touro in New Orleans, but I live in Kenner and I'm not sure I want to go into the city unless it's really worth it.  Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Looking for OB in NOLA/Metairie/Kenner

• Options
    Hey! I wish I could give advice, but I live on the northshore and am sure you don't want to drive this far! One of my friends had the same experience with Dr. Cohen and she also switched, but to a doctor on the Westbank if you're interested I can get the name of that dr as well! Good luck with your search!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Congrats! Dr. Sullivan with Lakeside Women's Specialty Center is amazing. I really like all the staff in the office, too. The office is in Metairie (next to East Jefferson hospital). 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mlg209mlg209 member
    Thanks, I'll definitely check them out!
  • Options
    If you're open to a midwife, I highly recommend Cathy and Esther at Woman to Woman Midwifery. They deliver at Touro, and I think it would be worth driving from Kenner. I switched to them late in my pregnancy because I felt my OB wasn't totally supportive of my wishes, and I'm so glad I switched. I had a great experience with the midwives as they always took the time to really listen to me and answer all my questions.
  • Options
    If you are still looking I see Dr. Thomas Ryan at Fleur De Lis Ob/Gyn. He has an office on in Oschner Baptist in New Orleans and one in Uptown. He is funny and makes you feel super comfortable. He delivered my boyfriends oldest baby and now is going to deliver ours. I love him as a doctor.
  • Options
    Dr. Herrington at Jefferson highway Ochsner is great. She is very sweet and answers all of my questions.
  • Options

I switched from Lakeside Women's Specialty Center after my daughter was born.  I had Dr. Swing.  I found her bedside manner lacking and she refused to show up in the delivery room until my water broke, which it didn't.  My daughter was born veiled, with the cord wrapped around her neck, and if it wasn't for the skill of the NICU staff she wouldn't be here.  

I'm seeing Dr. Jennifer Bauer now, in the building across from Lakeside Women's Specialty Center and love all the doctors there!

Also, I have nothing but good things to say about the staff at EJ's labor and delivery!  Wonderful experience with them and I'm looking forwards to delivering there again.

Good luck!   

• Options
    RagyptRagypt member
    I'm NEVER on thebump but I decided to check out the NOLA babies board and I have to second this. I am 35 weeks with #1 and I LOVE DOCTOR RYAN!
  • Options
    i go to Dr. Parise at Ocshner on Jefferson Hwy she is great!!
  • Options

Jenncj---Who was your OB? I called my OB to tell him that I was pregnant (we had been trying for over a year and he was very supportive and always stayed in touch) and he tells me he doesn't deliver babies anymore! Was so upset but just switched to Dr. Sullivan at EJ. 

• Options
    jenncjjenncj member

I used to see Dr. Farrell who is with the Fertility Institute of N.O.  He delivered my first/only baby 13+ years ago at Lakeland.   I have been seeing him since.  Was so sad when I had to switch.  But Dr. Ryan is amazing!

• Options
    I have dr K McClure and love her Tulane /lakeside
  • Options
    Dr Jennifer Brunet at Oschner Baptist. She is the best listener!
  • Options
    Dr. Dutreil is wonderful
  • Options
    Dr Weidermann at Ochsner Kenner. Can't say enough good things abt him!
  • Options
    I love, love, love Dr. Perret at Touro and Dr. DuTreil is great too.  I used to work at Touro and I think they're amazing.  I'm really sad that I won't be having my second baby there.
  • Options
    I have a suggestion of who NOT to see - do NOT see Dr. Anna White at Ochsner Jefferson. She was my OB with my last pregnancy. I had HELLP syndrome and an emergency c-section at 29 weeks. A few days before I called with concerns of how I was feeling and she totally blew them off. After the delivery, I didn't see her for 6 days while I was in the hospital! Then she meandered in and had the attitude of "hey, what's up? fancy seeing you here". It was shocking to see how little she was concerned. That being said - the rest of the staff at Ochsner Jefferson was awesome :-)
  • Options
    Dr. Vadim R. Gelman is the best. HANDS DOWN! And make sure you deliver at East Jefferson General Hospital. They get a round of applause from me =D>
  • Options
    I second Dr. Brunet at Ochsner Baptist.  She has a knack for explaining things right at the level I can understand without making me feel like an idiot.  Always takes the time to answer every single question.
  • Options
    Vernon Carriere at lakeside in Metairie. The most loving and compassionate doctor! He delivered me and my husband and is now delivering our baby so it's special :) but you can't go wrong with him! I suffer with anxiety and he has put me at ease WITHOUT medication!
  • Options
    Another dr Thomas Ryan groupie here!!! I LOVE that guy. This pregnancy was a surprise and a bit of a shock but right now I'm most excited that I get to see him once a month.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"