Health & Exercise

5/20:Weekly Accountability Check In!

Weekly Accountability Check In!

Week Eight: 5/20

Here we go with week eight and will have a weekly Monday check in! Please feel free to post your weight loss goals, fitness or healthy eating goal or obstacles, as well as victories and encouragement to others!

If this is your the first check in, please do an intro and list what you are trying to achieve and need help with! Thank for participating!

The last check in was awesome! Thank you for making it amazing! Let's make this week great too!

Please feel free to check in anytime during the week! It doesn't have to be on Monday.

Carly
(Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

Re: 5/20:Weekly Accountability Check In!

• Let's get this Monday started right! Week eight, we're two months in! Thanks to everyone for participating!

I had a pretty busy week and weekend. I wasn't able to exercise until mid week because I fell and aggravated an injury from a recent car accident. I made up for it from Thursday through the weekend. I ate very healthy and was pretty motivated. I lost 1 lbs last week which is progress so I am happy with that! Things are looking up for my family and we are staying positive and motivated! I'm down 10 lbs total! 30 more to go. I would've liked to be at least 10 more lbs down at this point but hey progress is progress and I'm more then happy with that!

Good luck ladies and I hope you had a great week last week and have a great week this week!

BTW, my DD won 3rd place at her Tri-State cheer competition this weekend. It was her personal best competition and I am so proud of her! It's nice to see that she has a passion for cheer like I did! I will never push her to do it but I hope she sticks with it because she really enjoys and is great at it! I updated my siggy picture with a picture of her after competition which her trophy, medal and rose! Thanks for letting me brag a little! 

Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• Just joining and very excited! I had my second child on April 9 and just reached 6 weeks so starting to work out. I reached 185 while pregnant and dropped to 170 in the first month,but now seem stuck. I downloaded the my fitness app and hope that helps. I am aiming for 1500 to 1800 calories because I am breast feeding. I also hope to be running 3 miles again like I was between my kids. None of my summer clothes fit, so I hope that changes soon!!! Look forward to chatting with you all.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageDisneylizzy:
    Just joining and very excited! I had my second child on April 9 and just reached 6 weeks so starting to work out. I reached 185 while pregnant and dropped to 170 in the first month,but now seem stuck. I downloaded the my fitness app and hope that helps. I am aiming for 1500 to 1800 calories because I am breast feeding. I also hope to be running 3 miles again like I was between my kids. None of my summer clothes fit, so I hope that changes soon!!! Look forward to chatting with you all.

Welcome, It looks like you are doing great and have a good plan. Make sure you're getting enough calories with bfing. Good luck and thanks for joining us.
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• Not as great as it could have been.  I ended up having to teach a make up lesson on Wed which prevented me going to yoga.  I did not do cardio at the gym on Sunday last week because of mothers day, Yoga on tuesday, and a 1/2 hour walk around the neighborhood on Wed pulling DD in her wagon.  Last week I deep cleaned every day during DD's nap time so hopefully that helped a little bit.  I also ran a 5 K Rave Run on Friday with a girlfriend.  I timed myself and finished at 31 minutes.  I am constantly reminded why I'm not a runner after a race.  My knee and pelvis start to hurt towards the end of the race and my legs hurt for 2 days afterwards.  Think I will just stick with yoga :)

Food was ok.  It was good during the week but I fudged a lot over the weekend.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageIloveshanej:

Let's get this Monday started right! Week eight, we're two months in! Thanks to everyone for participating!

I had a pretty busy week and weekend. I wasn't able to exercise until mid week because I fell and aggravated an injury from a recent car accident. I made up for it from Thursday through the weekend. I ate very healthy and was pretty motivated. I lost 1 lbs last week which is progress so I am happy with that! Things are looking up for my family and we are staying positive and motivated! I'm down 10 lbs total! 30 more to go. I would've liked to be at least 10 more lbs down at this point but hey progress is progress and I'm more then happy with that!

Good luck ladies and I hope you had a great week last week and have a great week this week!

BTW, my DD won 3rd place at her Tri-State cheer competition this weekend. It was her personal best competition and I am so proud of her! It's nice to see that she has a passion for cheer like I did! I will never push her to do it but I hope she sticks with it because she really enjoys and is great at it! I updated my siggy picture with a picture of her after competition which her trophy, medal and rose! Thanks for letting me brag a little! 

Congrats to your DD and to you for being 10 pounds under :) 

• Woo!  A year later and gone from 225 (with baby) to 154 now!  this is amazing for me!  i'm 5'7" and haven't been this "small" literally EVER.  (that i can remember and i'm a huge tracker of my own weight!)

As a reward... new VS bikini!  so excited! 

Even with the weekend sam summer's throw in there I was still the same today as Friday!  WOOOO!   Last week I worked out w/ my trainer M and W, and did cardio W, T, R!  Diet's been good and working hard at keeping it there! 

nothing tastes as good as having your old summer clothes that you THOUGHT would finally fit this year, BE TOO BIG!  hehe

good luck this week ladies! 

• imagedayzchic9:

Woo!  A year later and gone from 225 (with baby) to 154 now!  this is amazing for me!  i'm 5'7" and haven't been this "small" literally EVER.  (that i can remember and i'm a huge tracker of my own weight!)

As a reward... new VS bikini!  so excited! 

Even with the weekend sam summer's throw in there I was still the same today as Friday!  WOOOO!   Last week I worked out w/ my trainer M and W, and did cardio W, T, R!  Diet's been good and working hard at keeping it there! 

nothing tastes as good as having your old summer clothes that you THOUGHT would finally fit this year, BE TOO BIG!  hehe

good luck this week ladies! 

how exciting.  I got a VS bikini last fall when they were on clearance.  Wore it for the first time last weekend and felt pretty great about it even though I still got a little pooch left. 

• litzo27litzo27 member

Afternoon ladies!

I ran 3 times last week for 12 miles total. Did one JM DVD. Really should have done another one on Sunday but was lazy and was researching vacations instead - hope walking around on the petting farm burned off a couple of calories. 

Eating was ok once I was back from the conference. Hovered around 1700 calories per day. I keep aiming for around 1500-1600 but overshoot with breakfast carbs and snacks.

Still stuck on 152. Sigh. Last summer with this regiment I dropped weight but gained 5 lb back during the winter and now can't shake them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • litzo27litzo27 member

Oh and congrats to the little cheer girl! She looks very cute and proud!

And vlagrl - 31 minutes in a 5K on what sounds like zero training is pretty awesome. I'm happy when I do my regular 5K course in my neighborhood in 33 minutes. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It sounds like people had great accomplishments this week! I met my calorie and step goals most days. Dh and I had our first date night in too long; I ate a 1,000 calorie dinner cheese platter, dinner, shared dessert, wine, martini. We hadn't been out for a nice dinner in three years so we were due. I bounced back fairly quickly from such a big splurge. I am hoping to be down a little in my weight tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great week!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi all!  I'm new to the board.  LO was born in November.  So far, I've lost 20 lbs and I'm hoping to lose another 20 lbs to bring me back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  I'm hoping to reach this by August.  I'm breastfeeding so I'm not focusing too much on restricting calorie intake.  Now that the weather is FINALLY nice here, I've been doing a lot of walking; typically 30 minutes a day during the week and 60 minutes a day on the weekends.

• imagevlagrl29:
    Not as great as it could have been. nbsp;I ended up having to teach a make up lesson on Wed which prevented me going to yoga. nbsp;I did not do cardio at the gym on Sunday last week because of mothers day, Yoga on tuesday, and a 1/2 hour walk around the neighborhood on Wed pulling DD in her wagon. nbsp;Last week I deep cleaned every day during DD's nap time so hopefully that helped a little bit. nbsp;I also ran a 5 K Rave Run on Friday with a girlfriend. nbsp;I timed myself and finished at 31 minutes. nbsp;I am constantly reminded why I'm not a runner after a race. nbsp;My knee and pelvis start to hurt towards the end of the race and my legs hurt for 2 days afterwards. nbsp;Think I will just stick with yoga :Food was ok. nbsp;It was good during the week but I fudged a lot over the weekend. nbsp;nbsp;

Sounds like you did great!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• imagevlagrl29:
    imageIloveshanej:

Let's get this Monday started right! Week eight, we're two months in! Thanks to everyone for participating!

Congrats to your DD and to you for being 10 pounds under :) 

Thanks!!!!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• imagelitzo27:

Oh and congrats to the little cheer girl! She looks very cute and proud!

And vlagrl - 31 minutes in a 5K on what sounds like zero training is pretty awesome. I'm happy when I do my regular 5K course in my neighborhood in 33 minutes. 

I timed myself and when I saw 31 minutes I couldn't believe it.  I stopped 3 times to walk and because of my knee. I'm kinda skeptical it was really 3 miles.  There is a glow run I will be doing next month and I'm interested to see my time on that one. I've ran quite a bit, but I got so tired of doing it on the elliptical because it gets boring. For me running on the road is so hard on my body.  Give me the stair master any day 

• imagelitzo27:
    Afternoon ladies!I ran 3 times last week for 12 miles total. Did one JM DVD. Really should have done another one on Sunday but was lazy and was researching vacations instead hope walking around on the petting farm burned off a couple of calories.nbsp; Eating was ok once I was back from the conference. Hovered around 1700 calories per day. I keep aiming for around 15001600 but overshoot with breakfast carbs and snacks. Still stuck on 152. Sigh. Last summer with this regiment I dropped weight but gained 5 lb back during the winter and now can't shake them.

12 miles is awesome!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• imagedayzchic9:
    Woo! nbsp;A year later and gone from 225 with baby to 154 now! nbsp;this is amazing for me! nbsp;i'm 5'7" and haven't been this "small" literally EVER. nbsp;that i can remember and i'm a huge tracker of my own weight!As a reward... new VS bikini! nbsp;so excited!nbsp;Even with the weekend sam summer's throw in there I was still the same today as Friday! nbsp;WOOOO! nbsp; Last week I worked out w/ my trainer M and W, and did cardio W, T, R! nbsp;Diet's been good and working hard at keeping it there!nbsp;nothing tastes as good as having your old summer clothes that you THOUGHT would finally fit this year, BE TOO BIG! nbsp;hehegood luck this week ladies!nbsp;

That is awesome! Congrats!!!!!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• imagelitzo27:
    Oh and congrats to the little cheer girl! She looks very cute and proud!And vlagrl 31 minutes in a 5K on what sounds like zero training is pretty awesome. I'm happy when I do my regular 5K course in my neighborhood in 33 minutes.nbsp;

Thanks!!! After battling, pediatric epilepsy, a heart murmur and ADHD, she is so proud at how well she does at cheer. I am too!!!!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• imageArcadia1114:
    It sounds like people had great accomplishments this week! I met my calorie and step goals most days. Dh and I had our first date night in too long; I ate a 1,000 calorie dinner cheese platter, dinner, shared dessert, wine, martini. We hadn't been out for a nice dinner in three years so we were due. I bounced back fairly quickly from such a big splurge. I am hoping to be down a little in my weight tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great week!

Sounds like you did great and you have to splurge every once in a while! The date night sounded great!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• imageLBStewart:
    Hi all! nbsp;I'm new to the board. nbsp;LO was born in November. nbsp;So far, I've lost 20 lbs and I'm hoping to lose another 20 lbs to bring me back to my prepregnancy weight. nbsp;I'm hoping to reach this by August. nbsp;I'm breastfeeding so I'm not focusing too much on restricting calorie intake. nbsp;Now that the weather is FINALLY nice here, I've been doing a lot of walking; typically 30 minutes a day during the week and 60 minutes a day on the weekends.

Sounds like you are doing awesome!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• imageIloveshanej:
    imageArcadia1114:
    It sounds like people had great accomplishments this week! I met my calorie and step goals most days. Dh and I had our first date night in too long; I ate a 1,000 calorie dinner cheese platter, dinner, shared dessert, wine, martini. We hadn't been out for a nice dinner in three years so we were due. I bounced back fairly quickly from such a big splurge. I am hoping to be down a little in my weight tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great week!

Sounds like you did great and you have to splurge every once in a while! The date night sounded great!

Thanks! I have a wonderful, thoughtful DS. I forgot how much I missed date nights.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • KateVAKateVA member

Exercise was pretty good - 5 crossfit sessions and 2 three mile runs, one rest day.

Diet is getting better, I'm up 4 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight which is probably a little high since I'm still in the first trimester. But I've been pretty much on an all carb diet because of m/s. Hoping to get back to paleo soon, so far so good 

• imageKateVA:
    Exercise was pretty good 5 crossfit sessions and 2 three mile runs, one rest day.Diet is getting better, I'm up 4 lbs from my prepregnancy weight which is probably a little high since I'm still in the first trimester. But I've been pretty much on an all carb diet because of m/s. Hoping to get back to paleo soon, so far so goodnbsp;

I think it sounds like you're doing great!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• This week has been productive exercise wise thanks to FitPregnancy.com's walking routines for each trimester. I decided to really up my exercising since I'm just now in my 2nd tri and I'm up 5 lbs. Yickes! I'm only 5'2", so I'm trying to gain slowly, and it seems to be speeding up.

I've worked out three days in a row, including today. I did a couple of 40 minute incline interval walking, and today I hit the townlake trail downtown walking 60 minutes at a fast pace. Oh, and I've done a two 20 minute weight training sessions myself at home. Feeling good! I just need to cut down on the carbs, of course.

imageimageimage

• It sounds like you're doing great. 5 lbs is good!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• Thank you. I hope your aggravated injury is settling down, and congrats to your daughter for her great accomplishment!

imageimageimage

• Thank you!! I'm feeling much better and my DD is still so proud. I love it!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"