Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Strawberry allergy?!

I gave my DD strawberry yogurt for lunch today. It was the third time she ate it this past week. This evening I noticed a rash all over her feet and legs and her face was flushed. I feel terrible but is it possible that she didn't react the first two times and now her body reacted to it? Anyone have any experience with strawberry allergies or any allergies? Thanks ladies!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Strawberry allergy?!

• My LO does not have allergies, but it is possible to have no reaction the first few times and then to have a reaction.  Allergies are basically an immune response and it can take a couple of exposures before the full response is seen.  In my late 20s I developed an allergy to amoxicillin - I've taken it all my life, but not anymore.  I wouldn't panic about your DD, but personally I would hold off on the strawberries and call the nurse line at my pediatrician's office to see what they have to say. 
  • DS just became allergic to strawberries. He ate them for months and was fine and then suddenly they started giving him huge red patches on his back and face, runny nose, etc. the first time you have a food you aren't going to have an allergic reaction. Your body builds up antibodies to fight against the food. I am allergic to a lot of foods so i am taking DS to get tested next week. They can sometimes grow out of them too. Call your pedi and be careful with offering any other high risk foods like eggs or nuts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"