July 2011 Moms

how is the 2nd Birthday Party planning coming along?

All I know is we are having it at our house on Saturday July 13 (actual Birthday is the 16th). and that we are doing Minnie Mouse theme.

No clue on what time..Most parties are like 1-4pm but 1-3pm is typically her nap time..

I have a tentative guest list of about 80 people which is basically what I had invited for her 1st bday but only maybe 30 came..

its just so hard to draw a line of who to invite and who not to invite and I really do want to invite all of these people but we have such a small house but decent sized back yard but in MN mid July can be pretty hot/humid as it was last year for her bday party and cloudy too..

If we do do a bigger group like last time I think we will do a really simple menu. last time we had too much food that took up so much space. 

I might just have to do parents and grandparents..

I cant wait til she is older and we can do a friends one and play games!

what are your plans? date. time. theme. number of guests. and what are you getting LO?

DH's dad and step mom already got DD step 2 neat and tidy outdoor playhouse last Wed. 

My mom is getting her minnie mouse power wheels

and DH's mom said she would get us a sandbox if we want(still have not made up our minds)

I was thinking we would get her doll stuff and dress up clothes and maybe some toys

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: how is the 2nd Birthday Party planning coming along?

• kdel09kdel09 member
    We are going to do the same as last year, BBQ at the house with about 40 or so people. Last year it rained so we are hoping for nicer weather this go around. We did an Elmo theme for his 1st and are thinking about a circus theme for this one.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Ours is 7.13 as well, from 111ish. 20 people at our local railroad museum. The party is in the caboose, which only holds 20 people so we're a bit limited as to how many people we invite. I already ordered and sent out invites.

DD is way into babies at the moment, so I'm thinking about getting her the full baby care set, with the doll high chair, another stroller, car seat, etc. maybe in a year she'll get a real live baby to play with. Ha!

We didn't do anything special for her first bday, so it's kind of fun to plan a little party just for her.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Loading the player...
  • We know we are having it on June 30, and it will be a Sock Monkey party. I really need to send the invitations out (swore I would do it this past weekend, oops!). It will be at my parents' house again, they ahve a nice big yard with a big pool, and probably about 20 people or so, nothing too crazy. 
  • lisamoelisamoe member

We are doing  a Sesame Street themed party.

We will be doing it at our house, much more scaled back this year.  I think we are just inviting both of our immediate families and DH's grandmothers.

I'm going to try and do as simple as possible since I will be 9 months pregnant.

• We are going to a local pool/waterslide probably on July 13, her actual birthday.

I will send out an email/make some calls about the last week of June and say, "Hey, for LOs birthday, we're going to the pool. Feel free to come. Bring your kids. Casual and simple. We'll either grill at our house after or order pizza!"

I can't plan that far ahead, nor do I care too. I'm all about the simple.

• We have a date. That's pretty much it. I know for sure, it's going to be super small. I'm not going through all the aggravation I did last year. This year I'm just going to focus on making it fun for her. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • lisamoelisamoe member

imageMrs Castillo:
    We have a date. That's pretty much it. I know for sure, it's going to be super small. I'm not going through all the aggravation I did last year. This year I'm just going to focus on making it fun for her. 
    I completely agree, with just making the day for your LO.

Last year, we had so many people, I barely got to focus on Andrew.  It was on his actual birthday, so it bummed me out that I barely got to spend one on one time with him since I had to entertain so many.

Not making that mistake again.

• Wow! You have a lot planned already. I am not quite that prepared!

I have decided on a Three Little Pigs theme. It will be a backyard BBQ/pool party just like last year (although hopefully we won't get rained out halfway through this time.) The party will be on July 27th (Mason's actually birthday.)

As far as the theme, my big project will be three cardboard playhouses (stick, straw, brick) as in the story. There will be a lot of kids in the 1-3 year old range, and I think that they will have fun with those. I am going to try not to go too crazy on the rest of the decorations. Just some simple, easy ideas that I have pinned.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

• BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• imagedamabo80:

shes so cute, and I have serious porch envy of your screened-in porch.  

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• I haven't even thought about yet... oops
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"