One & Done: Only child
Options

I feel like a genius!

I've been trying to fit in workouts. Today, we went to the park to fly kites. DS and I decided to play race cars. We'd run around in big circles pretending to be Finn and Lightning McQueen. Every few laps, we'd switch being the cars. I got in a workout and and practiced sharing simultaneously!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I feel like a genius!

• Options
    I was complaining to my sister about not being able to work out since I don't want to use the gym daycare. She suggested going to the university's indoor track and setting my kid down. Sure enough, he took off and I spent 30 minutes chasing after him. It's a great workout!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    He will ride his Thomas and I'll jog. We do workout DVDs together as well. He's my personal trainer; he'll mimic the instructor if I don't move fast enough. "Mommy, you need to get up. That's not up." "Mommy, why aren't you still jumping?" I use a fitbit to count steps. I've lost weight more consistently since buying it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Way to go! Now that Clara is crawling I'm feeling a little better about not having time for the gym... I seem to spend all day chasing her! 

Do you ladies have any home workouts that you like? My hubby and I used to go to the gym a lot, but since she was born, not so much.... I need to get back to it! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We just weren't making it to the gym. We finally purchased a treadmill for the basement. I let DS play or watch a Thomas DVD. I do the 30DS and yoga meltdown. I also check out on demand videos. Sparkpeople and fitbit keep me honest. It is hard. It took three years for me to finally get serious about lossing the weight.
  • Options
    Genius indeed!
  • Options
    Oh, and if you son continued to run like he is in your siggy picture, you must still be exhausted.
  • Options
    We took LO outside to splash in puddles last night and DH leapt over a really big one. LO decided that was hilarious and that DH and I both needed to do that again and again. For about 15 minutes.
  • Options

imageArcadia1114:
    He will ride his Thomas and I'll jog. We do workout DVDs together as well. He's my personal trainer; he'll mimic the instructor if I don't move fast enough. "Mommy, you need to get up. That's not up." "Mommy, why aren't you still jumping?" I use a fitbit to count steps. I've lost weight more consistently since buying it.

Which fitbit do you have? I was thinking of getting the fitbit one, just because it's cheaper than the others.  I have a kick butt pedometer right now, but would love a little "more" (like being able to upload it all and get graphs and stuff) so was considering a fitbit. 

And that is genius! I swear some of the best exercise is with my kid.  We love to go outside and play catch and kickball, my heart rate goes way up!

E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    Power90 is a great workout DVD that is the precursor to P90X and is not nearly has hard. All you need are hand weights or a resistance band.  You can order the set on amazon for around $80 which is way cheaper than a gym membership!
    Met DH: 2.5.2008
    Engaged: 4.9.11
    Married: 9.22.12
    Baby Girl J Born: 1.23.2014 via c section - Due with Baby #2: 5.27.2016
  • Options
    I have the fitbit one. I've had it for two months and lose faster with it. It keeps me honest. I now wear flats everyday to work so I have no excuse about steps. I try to get 4,000 steps by lunch. I wish I had bought it sooner. I bought it at rei with a 20 coupon.
  • Options
    Thanks for the workout ideas ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"