Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Water in bed time bottle?

Any one start this yet? At DS's 9 month apt his dr said that we need to start offering water in the bed time bottle to try and wean it out. I think this seems really early IMO.

If you already started this process how did you go about it?
100_7533(1) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Water in bed time bottle?

• Options
    If LO needs a bottle at bedtime, then I would offer formula or breast milk. Then give water in a sippy cup at meals. I agree 9 months is young to replace a bottle with water. Sometimes Drs give very strange advice.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Does your LO have teeth?  Because you can give BM or Formula in a bottle and then offer water.  Your pedi may just be trying to help keep your LO from getting rampant decay.  Leftover formula and breastmilk can do that if it stays in the mouth when the baby falls asleep.  Less likely to happen with BM considering that it's human milk for human mouths, and we have acid in our saliva to break it down, but it is not unheard of.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My pedi said after 9 months any amount of water is fine. I was doing this for a while, but it was only after he woke up. I forget what exactly happened to that routine, but I know we got off it.

My baby has a ton of teeth and we're not giving him flouride so I dont mind it. He gets plenty of calories and I would rather not have him in pain over bottle-rot teeth 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"