Health & Exercise
Options

Swimming and Swim Suits

I am 11 weeks prego and an avid swimmer.  I have been swimming a few times a week and hope to continue to do it throughout my pregnancy.  I am just wondering if anyone has found a suit that works best for swimming laps.  I can feel my normal racer-back speedo is getting tighter and I don't think it will work much longer.  The maternity swim suits that are sold just will not give enough support for my growing belly (and breasts!).  Any ideas?

Re: Swimming and Swim Suits

• Options
    KingLEDKingLED member
    I don't know about belly support, and it depends on how comfortable you are with your body, but I tend to go 2-piece.  Most of the maternity swimsuits are just not worth the cost to me. 
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    I am/was a triathlete and wanted to continue swimming here and there. I bought a 2 piece maternity that covers the belly completely. The top is a tied halter and supports the chest appropriately. Works great for me!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ras26ras26 member
    I'm also a triathlete and was swimming a couple of times a week from 4.5 to 8 months until our pool closed for the summer.  Once I couldn't fit into my normal 1-piece training suit anymore, I rocked a 2-piece speedo (it had a drawstring at the waist) in a larger size than pre-pregnancy.  I felt like maternity suits just had way too much material and didn't stay put as well.  I was a little self conscious at first, but as it became more clear that I was actually pregnant, I felt proud of myself for staying active and didn't care how it looked.  After a couple of months a lady that was always as the pool at the same time said "When are you due? I didn't want to say anything at first, but you keep swimming more and are still getting bigger, so I figured it was now safe to ask." :-)
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"