Two Under 2

XP: bed recommendations

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: XP: bed recommendations

• We had the same idea... we switched my son at 20 months to a "big boy room" but we went with a full size bed and put rails on each side. He has been in it for a month successfully and he doesn't try to get out. I'm sure that will eventually change but it's been nice. I don't know if he's afraid to get out or what. So we've had no issues! I don't see the point of going from a crib to a toddler bed personally, since it's the same size and everything... in our case I wanted to get my LO adjusted to his big boy room before the baby comes, and he was getting too big for his crib, which is why we decided to go for a full size mattress.
  • I would skip the toddler bed. It's one less transition you have to make. You could put the twin mattress on the floor.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • LC122LC122 member
    Not there yet, but I think IKEA has an expandable toddler bed. The mattress/frame start shorter and then I think part of the mattress goes from being like a headboard cushion to being an extender for the bed and the frame pushes out further.
    Anybody tried these?
    We got the lifetime furniture so we'll probably go from crib to toddler bed because we can, and then later on to a full.
    Just curious if anyone had experienced the IKEA model and whether/how they liked it.
  • I would get a twin and put it on the floor. Ikea sells sultan lade slatted bed base for 20.
  • QmommyQmommy member
    We got twins for our girls and transitioned them at 16 months.  The only recommendation I have is find a frame that's lower to the floor so she can climb in and out.  I put Dd2's twin in the room 2 months before actually transitioning her so she could get used to the bed and learn how to safely get in and out on her own.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"