Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Poop question...

My son is 7 months old and weighs 20 pounds. He was BF exclusively for 6 weeks but I had to start supplementing when I went back to  work. He went to formula exclusively at 4 months. He has been eating cereal/fruits/veggies since 4 months old. His poop still reminds me of BF poop, always thin, but not seedy. At times like thin bright green oatmeal. He also has multiple poops a day with each one resulting in a blow out... We're hesitant to go places with him due to this. I have asked the pediatrician and he said it could just be his normal pattern but the longer this goes on the more I worry its something else... He didn't seem to worry about an allergy as we've asked. He does have reflux and has been on Zantac since he was a month old. He also just recently got put on Zyrtec for seasonal type allergies.  He has had to take breathing treatments occasionally with albuterol and pulmicort for URI/bronchitis type symptoms over the past few months too. Anyone else dealing with this poop problem???  

Re: Poop question...

• My son is on pulmicort, albuterol, and Zyrtec, too, and eats a lot of fruits and veggies with oatmeal, but his poop is more solid, sometimes too solid...  So I wouldn't think it's the meds, but things can affect everyone differently, so who knows. :) 
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • My son was BF exclusively until 6 months (but his bottles were supplemented with Neosure formula due to his premature birth). Now that he eats solids (cereal 1x day & veggies 1x day) his poop is pretty solid.  Before solids though he was only pooping a couple times a week. Still doesn't poop every day.  I've been told all babies are different in their pooping habits. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"