Babies: 6 - 9 Months

sleep issue

Has anyone had a similar issue? I'm hoping its just another phase he's working through.

My son is 7 1/2 months and for the past week and a half he's been waking up between 3 and 4 and fighting sleep. He'll take a bottle, look like he's going to go back out, maybe even go out for a few minutes then the crying starts. I've tried letting him cry it out.... but he gets so hysterical that i don't even think he realizes i'm trying to sooth him once in awhile. I've tried rocking him... but even just being in the laying position in my arms makes him freak out. up right position also for that matter. And I don't think he's still hungry... he'd take bottle after bottle if we offered it though cause sadly thats the only way to comfort him (we created a monster like that). I even wondered if I'm putting him to bed to early and he's just awake. But that leaves him with 7 or 8 hours at night. and he's not a good napper either for him to be getting to much sleep. 

it'll take about 2 hours to get him back down and by then I need to get up for work. Only thing that has worked is pulling him into bed with us once we get him calmed down. But I don't want to start another bad habit on top of all our other ones haha.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: sleep issue

• We had a similar issue happen a few weeks ago. It lasted almost two weeks and LO was up probably 3-5 times a night. I'd put her down asleep (I thought) and she'd be awake by the time I would make it to our room to go back to sleep. I'm guessing it was just a phase, because she suddenly stopped doing it and is back to her normal sleep patterns.

No advice really... just wait it out. It sounds like you're doing everything you can. Good luck! Hopefully, it will pass soon. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sounds like teething or a growth spurt.  It's hard, but it should pass.
  • Loading the player...
  • g8trkimg8trkim member

imagejnnfrrose6:
    Sounds like teething or a growth spurt.  It's hard, but it should pass.

I was thinking the same thing. Unfortunately, I think time might be the only solution.

• Thanks ladies. Past 2 nights have been better. No sign of teeth to show of so I'm guessing either a growth spurt or the snotty nose he had was alil cold. 

Hopefully the past 2 nights aren't just a fluke though! Knock on wood. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"