Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

ferber method: what to do when baby wakes up middle of the night?

normally DD sleeps 10 hours straight without waking up. however, she couldnt sleep anywhere but her swing. we are doing the ferber method with the crib and she keeps waking up anywhere from 20 mins to an hour. what do i do? do i let it go or do i check on her?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: ferber method: what to do when baby wakes up middle of the night?

• Options

The point of the Ferber method is to let them CIO. In my case, it depends on the time of her waking. She usually wakes around 4-4:30, so I feed her and put her back in her crib awake. If she wakes before this, I lay in bed for 10 mins and let her CIO, in most cases she goes back to sleep. If not, then she CIO and I go in, in 10 minute intervals. I modified my training a bit.

This is a good resource, I think a few ladies from here reference from:

https://noobmommy.com/2008/11/to-ferberize-or-not-to-ferberize.html

Good Luck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I believe the book says to treat it just like you are putting her down for the night. Go in and check on LO at different intervals (5, 10, etc.) while she is CIO. That's what we do and it works unless it is close to the normal time she wakes up.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagersideemd:
    I believe the book says to treat it just like you are putting her down for the night. Go in and check on LO at different intervals (5, 10, etc.) while she is CIO. That's what we do and it works unless it is close to the normal time she wakes up.

This is exactly how we handle it.

photo 9acca2d2-3800-4433-bb71-c445948b76cf_zpsd9667865.jpg

Anniversary

• Options
    He addresses this pretty well in the book - you just keep doing the progressive checking.  I checked mine out from the library but it's a great resource so I think I will be buying it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"