TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Bi-Weekly Wine and Cheese Party

Greetings 6+ers! It's that time already. Can you believe it's been 2 weeks since our last check in? I can't! When I reminder popped up on my computer today to post this, I think I actually uttered a "Really?" out loud at my screen. Good thing no one was around! This is our bi-weekly check in, condensed version.  

Feel free to let us know how life is, you can b!tch, you can moan, you can complain, you can brag, you can cry, whatever you want. Please enjoy the lovely selection of wine and cheese!

imageWine At 79, Upper East side Manhattan NYC. Where the most wine ...">

TTC since April 2010
BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
~All AL always welcome~

Re: Bi-Weekly Wine and Cheese Party

• Here's my update: things fell apart with the potential surrogate we were going to work with and we will not be able to move forward with the agency we've been working with either. It makes me very sad and very angry and we are now back at square one and have to start the process all over again. We LOVED the agency, but since it's new, there weren't a whole lot of potential surrogates through them. You could say that sh!t hit the fan this week. Crying

On a non-family front, I've been doing a lot of crafty things and I love it! It helps to keep me occupied and my mind off of everything. Plus, I love creating and making things that really reflect me. I also started organizing our garage. I have only done a small part of it, but I smile every time I walk in and look at the neat and organized part. I'm also going to a huge flea market tomorrow and cant wait! (when did I become such a nerd?) Embarrassed Oh well. Overall, things are going pretty well for me.

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• EKGibsEKGibs member

Sammer: Big hugs for the agency falling through. Hopefully things will get back on the right track soon for you!                                                                             

My only update is that I quit my job! My last day was today & it was very bittersweet. I don't have to worry about dealing with crazy brides every Saturday anymore though!

TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• Loading the player...
  • Hello ladies!

(((sammer))) I'm so sorry that you are back to step one. I hope that you are able to find another agency that will fit you guys well and, obviously, have awesome surrogates. I can't wait to see some of your craft projects! Pictures, please!!!

EK - congrats on no more crazy brides!!! I couldn't believe how crazy some people were when I went looking for mine... I felt awful for my consultant!

(((maddie))) I'm so sorry. I am glad your results were good, but I'm sorry that you are in such a tough situation. WOO HOO on the house and almost being done with work!! 

mlal - BOOO to anovulatory cycles. I'm so sorry your friend didn't end up coming! Sad

Rosie - I PPH you. FX for this cycle. I wish I could have seen your show, I'm so jealous!

As for me, nothing much is new. My last cycle just ended and it looks like it was anovulatory. That is the first time I've seen it happen (but I only started charting in November-ish, so who knows). We are still in house limbo. OH, we bought a king - sized mattress today, woo hoo! My husband tends to elbow me in his sleep.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sammer - I'm so sorry to hear that the agency hasn't worked out. I really hope you find another lead soon. Please keep us updated, I've been thinking of you.

EKGibs - woohoo! Congrats on quitting, and on graduating! :-D

maddie - I'm so sorry about your recent loss. ((hugs)) It sounds like you have a really difficult decision to make. I hope you and DH can come to a decision you are both comfortable with. It sucks that you're in this situation, no one should ever have to be in that place.

mlal - Sorry that last cycle was so sucky, but I'm glad it's over. Hopefully this cycle will be more normal! Long cycles are sooo frustrating. Sorry your friend couldn't come, what a bummer :(

Rosie - It sounds like this cycle is off to a good start, at least! I hope your follies keep growing at a good rate, and that everything goes smoothly. GL with your performances and the end of the school year!

Janis - oh I am SO jealous of your king-size mattress!! Every time DH and I stay in a hotel with a king bed I'm always like "we NEED one of these." But we can't fit a king bed in our current apartment, and I think we need to decide which continent we're going to live on before we buy another bed, haha. Sorry about the annoying cycle, I hope things get back to normal this cycle.

As for me, not too much new here. My surgery is scheduled for June 19, and I'm terrified. I'm second-guessing myself about everything. I have an appt with my dr (who is not going the surgery) a few days before the procedure, so hopefully I'll feel better after that. I'm also worried AF will mess up the scheduling, but there's not much I can do about that. Hopefully everything will work itself out.

TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    BFP#1 1/31/12. Empty sac discovered 3/5/12. MTX due to location in uterine horn.
    BFP#2 2/27/13. Empty sac confirmed 3/20/13. Mifepristone + cytotec.
    Currently TTA until Fall 2013, waiting for operative hysteroscopy
    Blog   ​Chart

• Sammer - I'm so sorry that things fell through with your surrogate and that you'll most likely have to start from square one again. It's just no fair and I hate that nothing is easy in this journey. I think it's great that you've been exploring your inner craftiness! And don't worry too much about being excited to go to a flea market, I was super excited to go to a giant yard sale last Friday. We can be nerds together. Smile

EKGibs - Hooray for quitting your job! I am so excited for you! And slightly jealuos that you're already done. I still have 6 weeks left!

Maddie - Huge ((hugs)) to you. I hate that you're back here and having to make such huge decisions. Good luck with whatever route you and your DH choose. And how exciting to be building a house!

mlal - I'm glad that AF showed and put an end to your misery. But stupid body, get it together! And I'm extra sorry that your friend had to cancel on you. I hate it when plans change last minute, especially ones that I've been looking forward to. I hope you had a good weekend nontheless.

Rosie - I have everything crossed for you this cycle. And I really hope the IUI's work for you and you won't have to move down the road to IVF. But if you do have to, I hope that your DH can come to terms with it. Sending you many ((hugs)). And hooray for things winding down and being able to relax!

janis - Boo for an anovulatory cycle. But I'm glad it's over and hopefully this next one is normal. I'm totally jealous of the King sized mattress. I want one. Stick out tongue

Mrs. E - I'm sorry that you're starting to stress abou the surgery, but I totally would be too. I'm sending you calming thoughts and hopefully your doctor can help ease some of your fears as well. Thinking of you!

Bookshelves - Huge ((hugs)). I'm sorry that you're going through a rough time right now, they suck. Just know that we understand and take as much time as you need to step back.

As for me, I'm happily counting down the days until I become a SAHW. Less than 6 weeks left of work! I'm getting really excited for my summer of being at home and getting stuff done.

In the TTC world, I didn't chart this cycle since I was hoping to relax and obsess less. So much for that. I *think* I'm 11 or 12dpo and have been dealing with some serious MF the past couple of days. This whole journey just sucks.

Oh, and I'm going to my parents this weekend for my grandfather's memorial service. While I'm excited to see my family (we will all be home) I'm also not sure how well I'll deal with all the emotional turmoil the weekend holds. Especially if AF does decide to show. Ugh.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
    BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
    TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
    BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
    TTA for 7 months
    Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
    TTC Again May 2014
    Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
    - All BFN's
    SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mrs.E ~ (((hugs))) surgery is always scary and I hope your doctor can reassure you. You will definitely be in our T&P!

Books ~ HUGE (((hugs))) I definitely understand and have had that feeling of letting DH down. It is not your fault and I'm sure your DH feels the same way. Lots of love!

Jenek ~ Thanks! The bed doesn't get delivered until June 1st... literally counting the days!! ((hugs)) and T&Ps! 

ncc ~ I'm definitely starting to use OPKs again - we were NTNP (DHs choice) and usually the temp shift was super clear. I'm hoping it was just a weird cycle!

Jenn ~ WOO HOO for SAH soon! (((Jenn))) on the MF front. I'm so sorry about your grandfather. T&Ps for you and your family. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • km_mdkm_md member

(sig)

Sammer - (((hugs))) I'm so sorry that things fell through and you have to start all over again. 

EKGibs - Congrats on quitting, you must feel so relieved! 

Maddie - ((hugs)) I'm so sorry lady. It's just not fair. Building a house sounds really amazing though, I would love to do that some day. 

mlal - I'm glad that the old witch finally showed for you. I hope that this cycle is back to normal and brings you much better news ((hugs))

Rosie - ((hugs)) FX for you lady! 

janis - I'm sorry that things are so crazy right now. Annovulatory cycles really suck, and you have had to deal with so much nonsense surrounding your house. I hope that this cycle is much much better ((hugs))

Mrs. E - ((hugs)) lovely! I've been keeping you in my thoughts. 

Bookshelves - ((hugs)) I hope that your break is treating you kindly. We are always here if you need us though!

Jenn0021- So exciting about your dreams of being a SAHW are coming true! I hope your remaining weeks at work go by smoothly and quickly. I'm sorry about the MF (FX that it is there for a good reason!) ((hugs))

• Sammer - Thanks for the party! I hope things are going well with your new prospects and that you can move forward.

EK - Congrats on quitting your job! I know that will one less stress for you!

Maddie - I love you sweetheart! ((hugs)) ((hugs)) and more ((hugs)) I'm so excited for you to be starting a new job and building your house! That's so awesome!

mlal - So glad you're on to a new cycle. I'm sorry your body wasn't cooperating. Why can't they just do their jobs?? I'm sorry about your friend's car and the change in plans. Maybe you can reschedule sometime soon.

Rosie - FX for you this cycle. Hoping everything goes to plan!

mayonegg - Sorry about house limbo and I hope it ends soon. Enjoy your big bed. Streeeeetch out!

Mrs.E - Thinking about you with all you're going through with your surgery. I'm sure everything will be fine. Sending you peaceful thoughts. ((hugs))

bookshelves - ((hugs)) honey. I'm sorry.

Jenek - ((hugs))

ncc - ((hugs))

Jenn - You've been on my mind. I'm sorry for your loss. ((hugs))

km - ((hugs))

Not much new here. Still TTA, still here. Just feeling like the world is moving on around me and I'm standing still. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image 
  • Sammer - I am so sorry about things falling apart with the surrogate and having to find a new agency. (((hugs))) and I hope you find another agency that you love and can get the ball rolling again.

EK - Yay for not having to deal with crazy brides anymore!

Maddie - Giant (((hugs))).  I'm glad your test came back normal and I hope you can come to a decision that both you and DH are happy and comfortable with. 

mlal - I'm hoping this cycle is much nicer to you than last one. And boo for your friend not being able to make it.

Rosie, my love - biggest of big (((hugs))).  We should not have to be scared that a cycle will result in a pregnancy and it p!sses me off that we are!  I hope this IUI keeps you from needing to move on to IVF but, if you do, it helped my DH to realize that IVF was optimizing our chances - not ending them. 

mayonegg - FX the last cycle was just crazy.  Enjoy the big bed!

Mrs.E - (((hugs))) I hope the meeting with the doctor brings you some peace.  Try not to second guess yourself. 

Bookshelves -(((HUGS))) I am so sorry that you got hit with that all at once.  Do not worry about being supportive to us.  Have you talked to your DH about how you are feeling? MH likes to remind me that he married me.  That's it.  If we have a child it's a bonus but otherwise, he married me, he loves me, and it's about spending our lives together and whatever comes with that. 

I know you are trying not to obsess about any of this but I want to add that I think FF is being a PITA to you. I think you O'd between CD17 to 19 and the - OPK is throwing FF off.  

Jenek - I love stalking you on PgAL. 

Ncc - thank you for all of your continuing love and support to all of us (((Hugs)))

Jenn - ((((hugs))) and I am so sorry for the loss of your grandfather. I've thought about not charting but the not knowing what was going on would drive me crazy.  

km - (((hugs)))

Uneek - ((((hugs))) this all just sucks.  

I had either a false positive or a CP this cycle.  There are things that make me lean towards CP but, without a beta to confirm, I'm not counting it as such. I have an appointment with my RE on Tuesday to go over the remainder of the testing we had done.  We were waiting on the Ovarian Assessment Report prior to starting a treatment plan, which was supposed to be this new cycle. I also had opted to have the full genetic disease panel done.  The nurse let it slip that I tested positive for MCAD - and the way she said was like I had it and not that I was a carrier, but being a carrier makes more sense.

Either way, I can't shake the feeling that on Tuesday the RE is going to tell us that we are done. No IVF, not anything, just done. DH keeps reminding me that we can adopt.  I'm not ready to give up on this yet.

The shiptastic part is that if you rolled the clock back exactly one year, I was pregnant and had zero idea that I was.  I believed that I was infertile and could not have children. And I was 100% happy with my life with DH.  Now, I'm never going to be able to hit that same satisfied spot again.  I now know that I can get pregnant.  And can't even put into words how this makes me feel.  It doesn't help that, even though I know I can get pregnant, I really have no hope that I will actually give birth to a living child that gets to come home with me.

Ugh. That turned out more depressing then I planned. Now I need to crawl back into my study cave. Nine weeks until the Bar Exam.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"