Pre-School and Daycare

carseat q/prek dropoff

Right now DS (3) has a grand total of 5 carseats. Yes, 5. All bought new for him. I believe the oldest is a little over 2 years old.

He will be starting Preschool next year, and it is only a half day program with no transportation provided after, so DH's grandma is going to pick him up most days, so we need an extra carseat. We may actually need 2, just in case his mom might have to pick him up.

So, here's the question. Do we buy nice carseats that we could use for future children rear facing? (I was thinking a foonf or radian?) That way DS could use it now (and have an excellent car seat), but when we have a new baby (thinking about TTC sept-oct of this year), they could use it for extended rear facing.

Or do we buy cheap carseats like cosco scenera? 2 out of our 5 carseats are sceneras. We like that they are lightweight, but clearly they aren't my favorites. We also have 2 nautilus' and an evenflo that I believe only forward faces. He was in the sceneras and a britax (now expired) when he was RF

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: carseat q/prek dropoff

• I wouldn't buy the Scenera for a 3 yo because it won't last very long. The top harness slot is right around 15". DD2 would have outgrown it around 2.5 years. (The straps have to be at or above the shoulders when forward facing.) I'd probably give the grandmas the Nautiluses to use and buy a good long lasting convertible for your car. The Foonf and Radian are good choice. Also look at the Graco MySize.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Out it was me, I'd go with the good car seat that will last. I agree with pp, the scenara probably wouldn't fit much longer. My DS is almost 3.5 years and is currently rfing in a Diono Radian RXT. We have two and will be buying a third for Grandma's car incase she ever has to pick him up our drop him off at school. We love this current car seat and they don't expire for 10 years, I believe so it will definitely last, especially with the high height and weight limits. DS has had 6 car seats, all bought brand new for him, wish we would have found the Diono's sooner.
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"