One & Done: Only child
Options

One and Done Discipline

See earlier post...need adult interaction with husband away,,,lol....so another topic for discussion.  Do you think your family size affects your discipline style?  I think in some ways I am doing better than if I had several because I have the 1/2 hour to spend on a battle of wills if need be.  My son is very well behaved for the most part and I think some of that is because I had it in me to take the time and effort to stick to my guns.  In some ways I am not as "strict" as my friend with multiple children  in terms of helping out or chores.  Just because it seems like no big deal to pick up his dishes, toys, clothes etc because it is not really that much extra work.  Not because he wouldn't but more so because I have a tendency to just do it.  We are trying to pay more attention to this lately to get him to pick up after himself but def something we need to work on.

Re: One and Done Discipline

• Options

I agree with having time to talk to and explain things to our DS.  There are no distractions so he doesn't really "get away with stuff!"

I also agree with it being easy to pick up after him and now that he's 4 I'm realizing that I really need to be teaching him more about cleaning up after himself.  We started with his dirty clothes in his laundry basket and are working on putting dishes in the kitchen.  I don't want him to be "that guy" who's Mommy always did his laundry and dishes!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"