LGBT Parenting
Options

NBR: Is it really only THURSDAY?!

OMFG.  I cannot wait for the weekend to come.  

Let's take a moment to vent as a team maybe?  I know some of you are having great weeks, but I can't be the only one out there who is counting down the minutes to Friday afternoon..... am I?

My brain is totally done.  Just done.  I've been interviewing all week and trying to sort out who to hire for our summer positions.  We've had policy conflicts between our funding bodies which put me in a difficult position around summer hiring anyway.  Bah - I love program development and running, but the staff management part is not my most shining talent...  Not that I'm bad at it - but it takes up A LOT of my brain power!

My bed is sounding mighty alluring right now....

Anyone else in need of a vent, or waiting for the weekend with hope & joy?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

Re: NBR: Is it really only THURSDAY?!

• Options
    Here, here! Work has been insane. My commute home has taken two hours ONE WAY two days in a row and I'm currently waiting in terrible parking garage traffic again. We are on vacation next week which is making this one drag even more. I'm excited for vacation but have a million things to do before we leave. And we are having car insurance drama. Ugh.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My brain is getting fried as well at work! But what has got me venting right now is that we are sitting at resturant 45 minutes early for a birthday dinner with a friend because she did not text us that there was a time change. DW and I are lameos and we don't usually go out on a week night. I am tired already and we won't start dinner until 8.
    33 Years Old

Married 7/7/10 - Provincetown MA on the beach -

Reception October 23, 2010 - Martha Clara Vinyards, North Fork Long Island

5/12/13 - 5/13/13 IUI #1 - BFN
    6/14/13 - IUI #2 - BFN - 7/17/13 - IUI#3 - BFN Clomid cycle 100mg 08/13 - cancelled bc produced too many eggs. Clomid cycle 50mg 10/13 - IUI#4- BFN. Clomid. Switched Dr in November. IUI#5 11/20 and 11/21 with trigger and clomid. -TWW {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Trying to Conceive Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This week IS dragging on... I have been thinking about Friday all week because I am 12 weeks today and going to announce when my boss gets back from vacation. My wife ordered baby cupcakes to distribute in the office.

That is all fun and sweet (high quality problems) but I got a call today that my progesterone is dangerously low - thank you, OB, for taking one week to call me! I'm so used to being spoiled by an RE who is at my beck and call! I have to go back on the 3x per day suppositories and now I'm wondering if I should even announce tomorrow because I don't want to go through another loss ordeal publicly. 

I don't feel anything, and it is really hard for me to believe I am pregnant. My wife insists I look and act different, but I have serious doubts. I may chicken out of announcing tomorrow. I'm just don't want any attention on me, but my wife really wants to tell (we work at the same place). Maybe I'll find some peace about it all tonight.  

M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Options
    imagemollykelley:

I don't feel anything, and it is really hard for me to believe I am pregnant. My wife insists I look and act different, but I have serious doubts. I may chicken out of announcing tomorrow. I'm just don't want any attention on me, but my wife really wants to tell (we work at the same place). Maybe I'll find some peace about it all tonight.  

I'm sorry about the progesterone...I am sure everything is fine though, and I hope you start feeling "pregnant" soon!

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Stick a fork in me...I'm done! I will pile on and say this week has been eternal...I can hardly remember Monday this week has felt so long. I suppose I should be glad it's 9 p.m. here...that much closer to Friday! I am done with meetings at 1 p.m. tomorrow and plan to blow off the rest of the day! MK: Bummer on the progesterone, but like b.a.c., I am sure all is well and resuming your bright yellow pills will do the trick. However, I understand what a bummer that is when you thought you were done, and the last thing you needed before your big reveal was a shadow of doubt. Hang in there!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Thanks all, I guess I just needed to vent. Apparently, you just need to ask me and out it comes! We are proceeding with our plan for today and with the little pills.
    M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"